Worst cars made

I have been a GMC fan my whole life. I've owned a '69, '72, '01, and '05 trucks. I can't wait to sell my truck and get the new Toyota Tundra.

My '05 isn't near as nice as my '01 was. They cheapened it. Not to mention taking it into the shop. And the depreciation! My monthly payment doesn't even keep up with how much the damn thing depreciates! Then you try to sell them and nobody wants 'em??!!

My wife has a Chevy Trailblazer, '05, 25k miles and we've had it in the shop about 8 times for various problems. The dealership we bought these vehicles from, won't do a thing to help us. I'm fed up with it. I'm getting the Tundra, and my wife is getting a Honda Accord. From the dealership right next to where we got the other cars.

As far as American made, my tundra will be built in Texas, and I believe my wife's car will be too? Hate to say it, but I probably won't drive another American brand car again.

To top it off we will convert both to CNG and have a filling station put in our house as well.

KINDA SAD!!!

IF THE U.S. AUTO MAKERS WOULD STRAIGHTEN THEIR ACTS UP!!!

THEY COULD EASILY SELL A HIGH QUALITY PRODUCT AT A SLIGHTLY HIGHER PRICE!!!

YOU DON'T DRIVE DODGES CUZZ THEY'RE PERTY,DO YA???

YOU DRIVE THEM BECAUSE THEY HAVE A DIESEL ENGINE OWNED MOSTLY BY FORD!!!

IF DIESEL PRICES GET ANY HIGHER YOU'LL SEE A BUNCH OF PEOPLE SAYING PISS ON DIESELS!!!

IF FORD DON'T STRAIGHTEN THEIR $HIT UP THEY'LL BE HURTIN BEFORE LONG,FUNNY HOW THEY "USETACOULD" BUILD SOMETHING DECENT BUT LOTS OF PROBLEMS FOR YEARS UNDER THE HOOD!!!

GM HAS BROUGHT THEIR TRUCKS BACK WAY BETTER THAN THEY'VE HAD IN A LOT OF YEARS,BUT STILL HAVE PROBLEMS!!!

ALL 3 MAJOR BRANDS HAD TO MEET 2008 EMISSIONS ON THEIR DIESELS,NOT FRICKEN ONE OF THEM MADE THE TRUCK MORE FUEL EFFICIENT,THEY SMOGGED THEM & THE MILEAGE SUCKS ON ALL THE BRAND NEW DIESELS,WAFJ!!!

YOU GUYS GONNA LAUGH WHEN YOU SEE ME PACKING MY GUN ON A FRICKEN MOPED???

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

DIY,
guess we've been lucky with our 05 GMC Envoy (GMC's "Trailblazer"). Was telling a friend the other day that it has never been to the shop. Just had to replace tires, struts and shocks but that's to be expected.

Bess,
your right about the emmissions being a joke. Lower milage and the manufacturers had it come up with different ways to keep the HP up like adding another turbo.

Makes my 99 7.3 look better every day.

Take a kid hunting. You will enjoy it more than they do!

Thanks for supporting America! You guys crack me up! Why do you think they have shops attached to ALL deaerships incuding Toyota? Because all vehicles have probems. Buy American and keep the money in our economy. The quality is the same. Check out J.D. poweres and associates for vehicle dependability studies. They are not paid by japanese auto makers like many of the other vehicle magazines.

JakeS!!!

YOU WON'T FIND ANY JAPAN-EEZE VEHICLES HERE!!!

BUT WITH NEW PICK-UPS AT 40-50K???

PEOPLE AIN'T GONNA TOLLERATE A WHOLE BUNCH OF PROBLEMS IF THEY HAVE A CHOICE!!!

NOTHING CAN MAKE YOU MORE MAD THAN A NEW POS THAT HAS TO SEE THE SHOP QUACK ALL THE TIME!!!

I'LL DRIVE ANY OF THE 3 MAJOR BRANDS BUT FRICK!!!

THEY SHOULD KNOW HOW TO BUILD EM BY NOW TO WHERE THEY DON'T LEAVE YOU IN A NINE LINE BIND!!!

ALOT OF TIN FOIL & PLASTICS ANYMORE!!!

MYSELF,I'D JUST AS SOON HAVE THE PLASTIC,ITS THICKER & TOUGHER!!!

DIDN'T THINK I'D EVER SEE THE DAY I SAID THAT BUT ITS TRUE!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

Jake would love to but....

Every year the commercials come out and they tell you how good these Ford, Chevies, Dodges, and saturns are, but, every year its the same thing.
We build cars meant to go 100k, and then things start going wrong.

There is a lot of foreign junk also. Hyandai, the Korean cars, are throw away cars also.

There is a reason these cars are worth nothing after 100K miles.

Toyotas are built to go 300K. I have owned Chevy, Ford and Dodge and I wont get suckered by their Marketing again. Maybe they should take some of the money they put into Marketing and put it into engineering and assembly.

I own 2 Aamco Transmissions and I start seeing Fords, Dodges and Chevies at around 70K and Toyotas around 220K.

Cadillacs, biggest piece of crap made. Lots of problems and expensive to repair. Talk about no resale value

I commute with a 03 Highlander and with all the vehicles we have done I have yet to see a highlander in one of my shops. I only started seeing Tundras last year ( they have been out since 2000) I did a T100 with 460K on it.

If JDpower says American Vehicles are comparable Toyotas as you say, they have no Credibility at all.

Its not even close. The proof in the pudding is resale value. A 2000 Taurus with 100K on it is hardly worth a major repair. A Accord or Camry is just getting broken in.

American cars are all sizzle and no steak.

I've owned a Ford Taurus, a Ford Aerostar mini-van, a Chrysler Town and Country mini-van, and now a Chevrolet Suburban. I've also owned two Mazda 626s and now a 1998 Toyota Corolla. The japanese cars are hands down more reliable. I've got 160,000+ miles on my Corolla and it is still going strong. No burning of oil, still excellent gas mileage, no major repairs. I haven't even had to have any air conditioner work done on the Corolla -- still blows cold air. I bought the Suburban because (1) I figured it had most of the bugs worked out and (2) because I planned to be taking it into the boondocks for hunting, and I thought it could be easier to get repairs done on an American vehicle than a japanese vehicle, if need be.

I don't know what the American car manufacturer's problem is . . . but it isn't my problem. I don't work for detroit, I don't own stock in detroit car makers, and I'm buyin' Japanese.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-21-08 AT 09:11AM (MST)[p]I've owned mostly all american vehicles.
Just last week, I had the transmission in my wife's Jeep Grand Cherokee replaced it only has 60,000 miles on it.
$2500!
I have a 2002 Chevy Silverado with 117,000 miles on it, no major breakdowns on it other than a fuel pump, brakes & battery., a great road truck.
On the other hand, my Toyota Camry commuter has 217,000 miles on it, NO repairs whatsoever, the thing refuses to die, God knows I've tried to kill it.
I hate to say it, but it is the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned.
HH

Here you go Jake, my next huntin truck.

http://www.jdpower.com/autos/ratings/quality-ratings-by-category/midsize-pickup

Maybe JD power is on the take now too ?

Detroit has been making turds, polishing them turds as made in the USA & expected us to buy em.

Like Alsatian said, I don't work for Detroit.

I ain't gona fund their crappy management practices nor unions anymore, least they figure it out.
Interestingly Toyota plants are managed here, have zero unions while making quality, right here in the USA.

Something needs fixed & I sure hope they figure it out.

Your right BFE. As long as they keep selling cars nothing will change.
If they stopped selling, they would wake up and change. Right now, they do heavy marketing and continue to sell crap. As long as they can reel in the suckers (I used to be one), they wont change a thing.

When you compare a v8 4x4 suburban, or a truck to a accord or Carolla or whatever, you have to realize they are apples and oranges. Whoever posted the link to J.D. poweres and associates, that is an intial quality study and not a long term dependability study. Wich seems to be the topic here. Here is a long term dependability study for 2007. Guess what country makes the most dependable car? The service departments are not attached to Toyota dealerships for looks folks.
http://www.jdpower.com/reports/buick07/BuickSPR_0807.pdf

Cant see where anyone compared a fullsize 4x4 SUV to a corrolla or a accord.

Compare that 4x4 suv to a 4runner, Sequoia, landcruiser. Night and day.

I salute Jake and Bobcat for being great Americans! Way to hang in there. Me. I switched to Toyota back in 1989. I got tired of spending all my free time and extra money keeping a POS on the road. Sorry, my money comes too hard, and given a choice I spend it as wisely as possible.

Eel

Personally, I think it's un-American to want to sell to a fellow American an inferior product for more money. Where's the patriotism in that? I'm pretty certain that I work just as hard or harder for my dollar than those Corporate Execs or Union Boys work for their dollar. What gives them the chutzpa to try to lay the patriot guilt trip down on me?

Prove the American nameplate is a better deal and I'll buy.

HEY BOYS!!!

YA!!!

YOU MIGHT SAY SOME OF US DO STILL HAVE SOME AMERICAN PRIDE LEFT IN US!!!

I'M NOT KNOCKING TOYOTA'S!!!

I'M SURE THEY'RE A GREAT VEHICLE!!!

MAYBE SOME OF YOU HAVE FORGOT ABOUT PEARL HARBOR???

I FOR ONE HAVE NOT!!!

HERES MY QUESTION FOR YOU RICE BURNIN BOYS???

I HAVE A 1998 AMERICAN BUILT GROCERY GETTER!!!

MY BETTER HALF RETIRED IT IN 2002!!!

YOU'RE RIGHT!!!

THEY WOULDN'T GIVE US MUCH FOR IT CUZZ IT HAD A 100,000 ON HER!!!

SO WE KEPT IT AROUND!!!

LET THE KIDS BEAT THE HELL OUT OF IT!!!

I'VE BEAT THE HELL OUT OF IT!!!

IT'S TURNED OVER 6,000 RPM EVERY TIME I DRIVE IT!!!

SHE USES NO OIL AS OF NOW AT 160,000 MILES!!!

5 YEARS AGO I BOUGHT A NEW SET UP SPARK PLUGS FOR IT,THEY ARE STILL SITTING HERE BY MY PUTER!!!

OTHER THAN OIL,OIL FILTERS,AIR FILTERS,FUEL FILTERS,TIRES, IT HASN'T HAD ANYTHING ELSE REPLACED ON IT,NOT A STRUT,NOT EVEN A FUEL PUMP!!!

SO MY QUESTION IS???

LETS SAY THIS CAR WILL GO 200,000 MILES & I THINK IT WILL???

I PAID NOT EVEN HALF OF WHAT A COMPARIBLE TOYOTA COST AT THE TIME!!!

SURE,THE TOYOTA IS A BETTER CAR!!!

BUT IS IT TWICE AS GOOD???

THE TOYOTA COST MORE THAN TWICE AS MUCH!!!

I'M JUST ASKING,CUZZ I AIN'T FORGOT ABOUT PEARL HARBOR & I NEVER WILL!!!

47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

Bess:

At least you're on the right track of convincing me the American nameplate might be a better deal instead of trying to convince me that I'm un-American.

As far as Pearl Harbor, that was 66 years ago, are you sure you remember that? The Japanese Emporer who ordered the attack is long dead. Japan is a Democracy now. As a whole, the Japanese citizens are quite freindly and allied with Americans (I lived over there for five years).

Do you also spurn all German and Italian goods? Philippino goods? What about Mexican food? You know, we had wars with the Philippines and Mexico, too. I don't know what it might be, but how about English goods? We had two wars with the English... ;-)

Bessy's still fuming since the riceburners invaded the roundyrounders.
HeHeHe

79760883_opt.jpg

I too can appreciate the flag waving patriots, but just cuz you bought a rice burner don't mean you supported the Kamikaze's.
Suppose you wouldn't own a German made Weatherby either....
HH

Nice call Mozey,

As you said Bessy 50 G's is a lot of money,
each car you buy is like casting a vote,
you vote POS, I'll vote quality.

WAIT JUST A FRICKEN MINUTE Beefy!!!

I VOTED POS!!!

AND TWICE!!!

I WON'T MAKE THAT MISTAKE AGAIN!!!

YOU BOYS HAVEN'T HEARD ME RUNNING YOUR FAVORITE SUCK ASS BREED OF VEHICLES DOWN NOW HAVE YOU???

I ASKED???

THEY ARE MORE THAN TWICE THE MONEY!!!

ARE THEY TWICE AS GOOD & WILL THEY RUN 400,000 MILES WITH NO PROBLEMS???

ANSWERS & PROOF JACK-ASSES!!!

47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

MY HOW QUICK WE FORGET!!!

I'LL BET MOST OF YOU JOKERS HAVE BLOWED 9/11 OFF BY NOW & DON'T REMEMBER IT ANYMORE???

47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

SO LETS HERE IT Beefy???

I CAN TELL SOMETHING IS BOTHERING YOU???

DID THE OLE BLAZER BLOW UP AFTER UMPTEEN MILLION MILES???

OR WTF???

YOUR WIFES GROCERY GETTER BLOW UP BEFORE YOU THOUGHT IT SHOULD HAVE???

OR WTF???

LETS HEAR IT!!!

IF ITS A POS WE WANT TO HEAR THE STORY!!!

47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

Nuttin grinding here Bess, cept for the occasional missed gear.

I'd like them to wake up & quit chittin in there own nest,
But for me to keep subsidizing their retardation don't seem like its doing any good :)

Bess,

I definitely have not forgot about 9/11; in fact I wish we were still seeing reminders broadcast everyday. We're still at war with those b@st@rds; but then, what is Al Quaida trying to sell us?

WELL I AGREE WITH YOU Beefy!!!

THEY COULD DO WAY,WAY,WAY BETTER!!!

SO WHATS THE NEW RIG GONNA BE???

CAR???

TRUCK???

47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

mozey!!!

THINK!!!

POSSIBLY FUEL TO RUN YOUR RICE ROCKETS!!!

47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

mozey!!!

DID YOU FORGET THERE WAS A BUNCH OF ARABS INVOLVED IN 9/11???

47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

Bess,

Think!! We've come full circle; I'm sure your full-sized American vehicle is burning more Arab oil than my rice-burner... :)

mozey!!!

PROBABLY IS!!!

I'LL GUARANTEE YOU I HAVE A COUPLE PARKED OUT IN THE BACK THAT DO!!!

((( x( x( x( )))

47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

Bobcat, I remember Pearl Harbor. I also remember Hiroshima. The Japanese are our friends now. You might say they saw the light (or the flash).:)

Wish I could say the same thing about 9/11

American auto makers could make the best cars/trucks in the world at a reasonable price if they wanted to. Why they don't is beyond me.

Eel

Wow, You guys are very emotional about vehicles. Toyata and Honda cars were compared to suburbans and full size trucks in at least one post. I'm not knocking Toyotas. The truth is, quality and dependability have skyrocketed in all makes of vehicles in the last 10 years. The Gap in quality is so small, that it is really just perception, "I had a bad experience with my ford, but my toyota hasn't ever given me a probem" That is a narrow way to judge a broad issue. If you look at the ink I posted earier you woud see that the average vehilce was in the shop for repairs 2.16 times over a three year period. The most dependable vehicles were in the shop 1.45 times in three years. That is a very small difference. The difference between Buick and toyota is .3 times in a shop over a three year period, and the Buick is better! That is such a tiny difference that these uninformed posts are... well... uninformed.
You are hurting our country by not buying American when the quality and price is comparable. Think about it next time you are complaining about our country outsourcing EVERYTHING and remember that when you see our uneployment skyrocketing.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-21-08 AT 10:03PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Apr-21-08 AT 09:50?PM (MST)

Check out the third chart on this link for truck info. These are ong term dependabiity studies, wich seems to be what this discussion is about. By the way, My chevy truck has 230,000 miles. If you ike foriegn cars better, thats cool, but if you are going to say domestic is junk and foriegn is invinsible, you better back it up cause it ain't true anymore I study this everyday. That perception was true 10-15 years ago and american auto makers are still suffering.
http://www.jdpa.com/pdf/2004055.pdf

Amazing how fired up guys can get over something like this???

As far as hurting the economy, most foreign made cars are built right here in the U.S.A. by Americans, and bought by Americans. Sure maybe the owner of Toyota, or Honda gets his share, but for the most part we are supporting our own economy.

Who makes the Duramax diesel engine??? I thought it was Isuzu???

A millionaire once told me that the most expensive thing I could own was a closed mind.

I have always loved GMC's, love the ride, the plushness, the looks, everything. I'm still gonna get a new Tundra, and yep, I'm probably gonna pay more. That's how fed up I am not only with the trucks but also with the dealership where I bought it from.

I wish they would show the 9/11 attacks on TV, maybe some of our citizens would quit bitchin about their lives. I've been to Pearl Harbor, just because I want to buy a Toyota, doesn't make me any less American, what if an Arab, or Columbian drug lord owned Dodge??? Or a Mexican owned Ford??? Or a Japanese guy owned GMC???? Would that make you change your mind???

LAST EDITED ON Apr-21-08 AT 11:06PM (MST)[p]I just remembered why I don't come to this site much.There is a huge lack of reading comprehension. Peope here let arrogance fuel thier ignorance. I never called anyone un american WTF? I said thanks for supporting america. Yep, Isuzu builds the duramax engine, and toyata has plants here in the U.S. but if you woud do some research, I even provided links, instead of spouting off, you would see my point. G.M. alone puts four times the amount of money into the american economy that Toyata does. The big three employ 2.5 times more americans than all foreign auto makers combined. I bet if I took the time to do a search, most of you toyata buyers have complained on this site about the way our countries economy is heading. We are doing this to ourselves!
Check ong term dependability studies, do your research and make an educated decision on your next vehicle. Prices and quaity are competative across the board. Buy american.

EEL!!!

REMEMBER SEVERAL YEARS AGO WHEN I SUGGESTED THE FLY-OVERS???

THE IRAQI'S WOULD OF EITHER BEEN OUR FRIENDS BY NOW OR BEEN TOASTED!!!

FUNNY HOW WE CHANGED THE MINDS OF A COUNTRY THE SIZE OF JAPAN SO QUICK!!!

BUT WE'RE STILL DINKING AROUND WITH THIS LITTLE CHICKEN-CHIT COUNTRY OF IRAQ AFTER SEVERAL YEARS!!!

HMMMMMM???

47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom