Worse Return Yet

C

CHWine

I'm lucky enough to go out of state every year, and for that I'm grateful. There's nothing like the waiting and getting ready for an out of state hunt. The thing is we have to come back home. Sometime with an animal, sometimes just a good memory. This year my WY deer hunt wasn't great. I took a buddy and we had lots of fun. Stayed with my buddy near Wapiti. The deer just weren't coming down there. We tried to go up and find them, but just couldn't connect. We both could have shot a couple of small forkies on the last day (I'm talking small) but just couldn't do it.

So home we came. Had a little fun on the way home (no not THAT kind of fun in Nevada!) and even celebrated my buddy's birthday with a good dinner and a few pops.

Getting home wasn't good. Either my dog is sick or mad at me, I'm not sure yet. Wife threw her back out and can hardly walk (let alone other physical activities!) and I guy at work that I hoped would be gone is still there.

What about you? What's your worse return from a trip?

Venison and Zinfandel are GOOD!

CH im with ya on that one. Was in Cody hunting around same time and the high temps shut the deer down. Worst trip weve ever had back there for a Nov. Did manage to get a 12 year old to kill his first deer, 16 inch 3x3 and couple others filled tags with little bucks but no where near the deer we usually see this time of year. Good trip anyways when spent wwith good friends and family. Did fry my starter while i was there and broke winshield but all an all not a bad trip. Sorry for the dog and wife problems mine both were happy to see me :)

All I got in Wyoming this year was a broken windshield too. You can't shoot what you can't see. To make it worse, my wife was still there when I got home.

j/k!:)

Eel

A phone call to your Mrs. while you are at work might help you out Eelgrass.....lol...........j/k

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

I had an Archery Elk hunt this year was fantastic and I got a really nice bull but between the time I killed him and got home someone had broken into my wife?s car in the driveway and worse yet my son had wrecked his car and then borrowed mine and within 2 days he wrecked that one too. When I got home nobody was in the mood to celebrate my bull and everyone was still there! That was my best hunt and worst hunt return ever. Can?t have it all I guess.

GBA

Your dog not happy to see you is brutal, maybe the wife...OK...BUT....

This really did happen to a buddy of mine about 20 years ago...He gets home from a CO deer hunt to find all his stuff on the front lawn and the door locks changed. He got a bit upset, tried to kick in the door, and his wife's new lover, a female Navy Seal, opens the door, comes out and puts him in a submission hold...Really!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom