World Cup!

Roy

Well this is the only time I ever watch soccer. Some pretty good games and I like the spectacle of the whole thing. Very interesting cultural experience to say the least.

So who do you think will win it?

I am leaning towards Spain but you can never rule out Brazil.

Who's watching Mexico vs. South Africa right now?

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

I was in South Africa a month ago and they're going bonkers over there...

...I'm not a soccer fan at all, but I am a sports fan. I'll watch a few games. Or matches?? :)

I too am not much of a fan. Not a fan period but you have to be a little intrigued when the rest of the world is watching this sporting event. I will watch the US vs GB tomorrow.

What kind of sport ends in a tie?

JR

I just got back from Cape Town a few days ago and also spent some time in JoBerg the past weekend. The place is nuts for soccor. I'm not to much into it but i would have loved to stay longer and watch any game while i was down there.. but was smart enough to get out before the riots ensue.

Many years ago, I was at the WC championship game in Germany......it's just as boring in person. We left long before the end.......seemed like a LONG TIME after it started, too.

Within the shadows, go quietly.

JoBerg is not the safest city in the world. Has one of the highest crime rates in the world. When you drive down the residental streets houses have metal, stone or cement fences with metal gates. Signs are posted, "Security provided by Acme" or something similar. The fences are electrified.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

The only thing I want to see from South Africa is a wounded Cape Buffalo charging a hunter.

Feleno, is that you?

Eel

kilbuc is right, residential areas are almost like living in jail. The "fortress" across the street had cement walls, barbed wire and electic fences. Makes you feel a bit like a prisoner.
Fence.jpg

Eel
yeah I made it back!!! Aside from something i might have caught from a midnight princess I'm feeling pretty good. Course it could be just jetlag with a rash? Oh yeah, the Cape buff is hitting the dirt in 2012 :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom