wool??

B

bucklover

Does anyone know an easy test to determine if a product is wool? I've got two shirts that I bought a long time ago and I cut the tags out because they were riding on my neck. I think I remember that the reason I bought them was because they were at least part wool. This getting old is the pits! They are a pull over, duofold type shirt and are soft to wear. They make a good under layer, but I don't want to wear them if they are cotton. Sorry for posting this on here but it doesn't look like many are looking on hunting gear lately.

If they are the Duofold brand, they are most likely 100% cotton.

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have
some good ideas!

Thanks. And that's the problem. I can't remember, and I destroyed all the evidence. I have picked up several of the newer, very soft, 100% wool tops, so I don't really need them. I'm just kind of a hoarder when it comes to hunting gear, and hate to part with anything that has some life left in it.

Wash them in real hot water and put them in a real hot dryer. If they shrink.....they are wool.

Too simple!

You don't need a parachute to skydive.
You do however, need a parachute to
skydive.......twice.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-04-12 AT 12:19PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Mar-04-12 AT 12:19?PM (MST)

Good advise, maybe. The I can give them to my grandkids. :) However, I am taking your simple advise. They are in the hot water right now. At least after this, I will know, and problem solved. Thanks again.

Wool is not the only magic product out there for hunters. Polyester can also be great. To find out how well a garment will perform in the field, wash it in cold water and hang it up. If it takes much over a day to dry, you probably have a good % of cotton and don't want to include that in your gear. Some cotton items take days to dry out!

I use a lot of reasonable priced 100% polyester fleece sweat type pants for hunting. they dry out from completely soaked in as quick as a few hours and are as comfy and quiet as can be in the field. The one thing wool i really enjoy is a over sized sweater. I found a couple on e-bay for a few bucks each and they are worth their weight and bulk.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

You could ask a local dry cleaner what they think. I own a dry cleaner and we handle over 100,000 items a year. We get a pretty good feel for what is what.

Read the answer again RUB IT ON your NUTSACK and you will know. LOL

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Battleborn Back in the day Wool was the best. But I guess you could get the same results if your interested from Sheep Management classes!!!!

Rutnbuck

If they are older wool,wash in woolite in coldwater in the sink or tub.Then gently wring out(don't stretch) and lay flat on towel to dry.After drying,hang outside to air out. Newer wool from Cabellas and Woolrich can be machine washed. I would not take my hunting wool to drycleaners,the chemicals will be a signal to ungulates you don't want. I've had some of my wool clothes for 20 years and it still is in good condition and works great .

>Read the answer again RUB IT
>ON your NUTSACK and you
>will know. LOL
>
>"I have found if you go
>the extra mile it's Never
>crowded".
>>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Or just ask Overton, he'll know for sure.

"If they are older wool,wash in woolite in coldwater in the sink or tub.Then gently wring out(don't stretch) and lay flat on towel to dry.After drying,hang outside to air out."

Then when this is all done, lose 30 pounds so you can shrink with your clothes.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom