Women and Weapons

B

BowGirl

Having recently been introduced to archery, I was curious to see how many men actually enjoy shooting with their wives/girlfriends, whether it be hunting or at archery shoots. Just wondering if there is any truth to hunting/shooting being a way to "get away" from it all, including the lil' woman. I would hate to be a bother to my guy but would also love to play a small part in a sport that seems to be made just for him. Any and all comments will be appreciated. Thanks, BowGirl.

HEY BowGirl

YEAH,I ENJOYED HER GOING UNTIL I BURNT HER OUT,NOW SHE PRACTICALLY HATES ME,SAY'S SHE'S HAD ENOUGH OF MY B.S.,SAY'S SHE'S NEVER SEEN AN IDIOT TROMP INTO SUCH MISERABLE PLACES!!!

YEAH,WE LIKE TO GET AWAY FROM IT ALL,{FOR A LITTLE WHILE}JUST REMEMBER WE WILL BE BACK TO THAT LITTLE GAL!!!

WHILE WE ARE AWAY FROM IT ALL,THERE ARE ALOT OF THINGS GOING THROUGH OUR THICK SCULLS,AND THEN THE NECK STARTS SWELLING,{OOPS,I BETTER SHUT UP}

THAT NEW TRACY BYRD SONG KINDA SAY'S IT THE WAY IT IS!!!

THE ONLY bobcat THAT CAN'T WAIT TO GET AWAY FROM IT ALL!!!

Well i know that my husband really wants me to get into the whole hunting, shooting and etc. I have started shooting different guns and I love it! I want to start shooting a bow and actually go hunting in the near future. However, be very careful that you don't bruise his ego that could put an end to all good things with your man. They are more senstive than they let on. Anyway, I am happy that there are women who like to get involved in their man's interests, it can make things more fun for the two of you:)
janel

MANY OF THE HUNTERS I KNOW INCLUDING MYSELF TAKE OUR TIME IN THE OUTDOORS MORE SERIOUS THAN A BEER DRINKING HOE DOWN PARTY. I LIKE TO HAVE MY WIFE AND KIDS ALONG HUNTING AND TO SHOOTS. ALTHOUGH SOME HUNTS I JUST CANNOT ACCOMODATE THEM.

SHE DOESNT LIKE SLEEPING UNDER A TARP IN THE RAIN, AND MAKING CAMP ANYWHERE JUST BECAUSE IT GOT DARK AND YOU ARE MILES FROM CIVILIZATION. BUT I RESPECT THAT AND AM ABLE TO HUNT OUT OF OUR TRAILER QUITE A FEW TIMES A YEAR.SHE LOVES TO SIT IN A TREE STAND.

I AM GLAD SHE IS TOLERANT. CAUSE THERE WAS A FEW TIMES WE WERE RUNNING LATE AND THE SUN WAS COMMING UP AND I WAS A LOT IN A HURRY AND NOT A NICE GUY.

SHE IS A GOOD GAL.

Bowgirl,

The Chat the other night was great, 1st off. Now back to the question, I have tried to get my wife to join me numerous times, But she won't. In the begining she went with me and even killed a doe all on her own and enjoyed it. Now she says That I have burned her out on shooting hunting ect. So that is a thing of the past. But that is cool with me also I have two little boys to keep me entertained, that both will want to go hunting with the old man. So YES it is fun to have her along for the trip, Yes it is nice to get away from her for a while, Yes you should try to do what makes you both happy. The Physical side of a relationship only goes so far for so long, You better have something in common. IMO. GOOD LUCK MISS BOW GIRL, Looking foreward to BSing in the chat. ELKSLAYER54

My wife can shoot with me anytime, well, 3 weeks out of the month at least. The other week she's just too darned angry for some reason! lol

I am 31 going on 23. :) Not sure why I answered that ques. Why does it matter, if I am young or old. Still cute counts right? Teasin, I did shoot at my first shoot on Sunday. My guy says I did well for my first time. I have other thoughts on that but I had fun in the sun anyway. BowGirl

HEY oldoregon

BACK OFF!!!

I FOUND HER FIRST,{REMEMBER YOU FOUND PREDATOR FIRST???}

BESIDES,WE NEED TO SEE A PICTURE OF BowGirl's HUNTIN RIG,RIFLES,HUNTIN DOG'S AND THE REST OF THE EQUIPMENT DON'T WE???

PLEASE DON'T TRY AND IMPRESS HER WITH YOUR RIG,WE ALREADY KNOW WHAT KINDA BAD ASS UNIT IT IS!!!

AND DON'T GET MAD AT ME YET,SHE MIGHT NOT WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH ME!!!

THATS WHERE YOU COME IN!!!

THE ONLY bobcat LMAO!!!

if you dont htink my 350 s-10 is a badass vehicle that is fine with me, it would beat yer rig in a drag any day. besides i drive a 91 shortbox extended cap chevy in the woods, with a 6 inch lift and 37 inch tires it could probably get around better than yer pickup. besides who cares about rigs, we all have what we want so it doesnt matter.

oldoregon

I SAID WE ALREADY KNOW YOU HAVE A BAD A$$ CHEVY!!!

I WASN'T BEING SMART,TO EACH HIS OWN!!!

I'LL DRIVE ANY BRAND!!!

IT'S THE EQUIPMENT THAT'S IMPORTANT!!!

YOU'VE OUT DONE ME WITH YOUR 37'S!!!

YOU SEE young oregon,AS A HUNTER GETS OLDER THE TIRES GET NARROWER,NO OFFENSE TO THE HEIGHTH,A GUY CAN ALWAYS USE THAT!!!

THE ONLY bobcat WONDERING WHAT THE EQUIPMENT LOOKS LIKE???

37" tires? Really? Enuff of that nonsense......I've tried to get my wife to go out and start hunting. She just isn't into it. She doesn't hava a problem with me going or eating what I shoot. I have 2 daughters that I take with me and they enjoy the hell out of hunting and fishing. My wife won't go anywhere unless there's a mall with a nail salon nearby

You guys really crack me up! Ain't it grand to have guys fight over you in cyberspace......

Hey Cooter, your post reminds me of a funny story. I was on a guided hunt once where the other hunter was from Massachusetts. The poor guy took a shot at a buck, and hit the doe behind it. Now our guide was very very ethical, and was pretty distressed, not to mention the hunter. Anyway, we had to pack up the doe and head into town. The guide and hunter apologized non-stop for causing me to miss out on huntin' time. As we passed the road back to camp, I yelled at the guide to stop, because I needed to go back to camp before we went into town. When he asked why, I innocently replied, "To put on my makeup, dah! I can't be seen like this".

Needless to say, he about ran off the road as he slammed on the brakes. Both he and the hunter stared at me like clubbed salmon. I continued smiling sweetly as the silence continued. Finally I said, "Uh, guys....that was a JOKE". Made the trip to town a bit more amusing!

I hear you......my better half has this thing that she has to be near a Starbucks (for her designer caramel coffee whatchamacalit). needs a hairdryer and a curling iron, and of course a mall with some Vietnamese nail salon. Then there is these designer guys and some home decorating trash on tv that drives me ape crap. You can pretty much understand why a hunting trip with the guys is much needed therapy for me. I love the hell out of her but a week with the guys getting bloody and muddy is pure heaven.

Yes bowgirl 31 and still damn cute. I know because you are mine. Bet you didn't think this post would generate talk about some dumb 37" tires did ya. I know you were looking for honest answers and not this crap, sorry they are just hunters not philosophers on here. You did shoot awesome sunday and I cannot wait to shoot with ya again.

I know you're looking for honest, sincere answers here, and I'll be happy to give you one. Right now, my wife doesn't have the time to hunt or shoot as much as both of us would like. When my 9-year old daughter starts to hunt, etc., she will. I've taken my wife on many scouting trips and a few hunts and I've loved every single one. She started hunting two years ago, and the times we've gone out together have been very, very special. She's my best friend and I enjoy doing anything with her; if I didn't I wouldn't have married her... (No, wiseasses, I'm not a newlywed.)

oldoregon

DID YOU HEAR THAT???

DUMB 37" TIRES???

I GUESS WHAT EVER HE WAS THINKING ABOUT ME WAS SO BAD HE COULDN'T EVEN PRINT IT!!!

LET'S SEE,I THOUGHT FEELOFFICER WAS HOW IT WAS SPELT!!!

YA SEE US HILLBILLIES AIN'T THE SMARTEST BREED AROUND,BUT WE DAMN SURE KNOW WHAT WE'RE GONNA BE DOING COME ABOUT MID SEPTEMBER THROUGH FEBRUARY!!!

THE ONLY bobcat WONDERING WHAT THEY WERE THINKING!!!

HOLY COW!!! What interesting answers to, what I thought, was a simple ques. For the record, I am not impressed by anyones' "equipment",;-) an honest heart is where it is at for me. I will continue to shoot with my guy until he asks otherwise. I do find your comments interesting, everyone needs to smile every now and then. Havin Fun learning to shoot, wishing I was good as my guy, BowGirl.

HEY BowGirl

AN HONEST HEART WOULD DEFINANTLY BE SOME OF THE EQUIPMENT!!!

MY TIRES AIN'T QUITE AS BAD AS oldoregon's BUT THEY'LL DO FOR NOW,MY OLD BEAT UP,WORE OUT,MESSED UP TRUCK DOESN'T EVEN NOTICE A NEW SRATCH WHEN IT GETS ONE!!!

PRACTICE TILL YOU CAN OUT SHOOT 'HIM'!!!

THE ONLY bobcat WAITING FOR MID SEPTEMBER TO SHOW UP!!!

Hey Bowgirl!
I started hunting with my wife when we first met over 1 years ago and haven't regretted it a bit!
Some of our best times together have been spent together in the mountains!We have many special memories of our hunts together!
My wife has out done me more than once, she has a lucky streak that is uncanny!
Here's a few of our hunts together!
harryhunter50103-18.jpg

harryhunter50103-17.jpg

harryhunter50103-16.jpg

harryhunter50103-15.jpg

harryhunter50103-14.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom