Woman killed by wolves

eelgrass

Long Time Member
Sooner or later it will happen here in the lower 48. If it has to happen I hope it is a wolf lover.

http://www.adn.com/2010/03/11/1179368/teacher-likely-killed-by-wolves.html

Teacher likely killed by wolves, troopers say
Authorities seek to capture or kill animals

By JAMES HALPIN | [email protected]

Published: March 11th, 2010 05:43 PM
Last Modified: March 11th, 2010 05:43 PM

Alaska State Troopers today said a woman found dead in Chignik Lake early this week was most likely killed in a wolf attack, and state authorities are on their way there to try to capture or kill the animals.

Candice Berner, 32, appeared to have been killed Monday evening during a run along a remote road outside the community on the Alaska Peninsula, according to troopers. An autopsy this morning determined the cause of death was "multiple injuries due to animal mauling," troopers spokeswoman Megan Peters said in a statement.

Based on interviews with biologists and villagers in Chignik Lake, troopers concluded wolves were the animals most likely responsible, she said.

That's a shame that a woman lost her life. However, the pro-animal people will say that we need to share nature with those that inhabit it. If the woman were armed and killed the wolf, she'd have probably been arrested and charged with a crime.

Steve

Truely sad, I like how most of the media & news agencies like CNN will never let this story make it on the air. Most of the country will never even know this happened. In my opinion its just another reason to put the lead to them. And I hope when it does happen in the lower 48 that its a tree hugging, wolf loving peta member on the recieving end.

Jody

It won't matter anyway. Remember that gal that got shalacked by a mountain lion on her bike somewhere down in California? She was a granola chick and nobody made a big deal about it. The only way to fix the problem is to shoot on sight.

It's always an adventure!!!
www.awholelottabull.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom