Woman, Gun, Mice.....shoots self.....

kilowatt

Woman tries to kill mice, shoots self

Published: Tuesday, July 8, 2008 at 4:30 a.m.
Last Modified: Tuesday, July 8, 2008 at 6:42 a.m.
A Potter Valley woman wounded herself and a man July 3 while attempting to kill mice with a .44-caliber Magnum revolver, according to the Mendocino County Sheriff's Office.

The woman, 43, had drawn the gun from a holster under her left arm, intending to shoot mice scurrying across the floor of a small travel trailer on Highway 20 in Potter Valley, according to the Sheriff's Office.

The revolver instead slipped from her hand and fired as it struck the floor, according to the Sheriff's Office.

The bullet went through the woman's right kneecap, then hit keys hanging on the belt loop of a 42-year-old man in the trailer, officials said. The bullet glanced off the keys and tore a hole in the man's pants.

The bullet grazed the man's groin before stopping in his coin pocket, where it was recovered for evidence, according to the Sheriff's Office.

The names of the shooting victims were not released.

Lol

I need to get me some taller hip boots!! ;-)

48288e6577d023b6.jpg

Now that ought to be a sport haha mouse huntin with high caliber weapons

Bury me in the hills so i can fertilize the grass and grow bigger animals for the rest of ya

I heard that they released the names of the two people in this incident: Dumb and Dumber

We had a deal happen here in NM a year or so ago- a guy was burning a pile of brush in his yard with a weed burner, and a woodrat ran out of the pile (on fire) and ran under his house and caught his house on fire. The house was basically a total loss by the time they got the fire out. I wished I could find that news report.

RE: Woman, Gun, Mice.....update...

Published: Thursday, July 10, 2008 at 11:34 a.m.
Last Modified: Thursday, July 10, 2008 at 12:03 p.m.
Related Links:
Woman tries to kill mice, shoots self
A Potter Valley woman who wounded herself and a man July 3 while attempting to kill mice with a .44 magnum revolver may be charged with negligent discharge of a firearm, authorities said Thursday.

Debra Due, 43, was trying to eliminate mice in a travel trailer on her property for a new tenant who was moving in when the accidental shooting occurred, said Mendocino County Sheriff?s Capt. Kurt Smallcomb.

The tenant and a man had begun moving the woman?s belongings into the trailer at 9:30 p.m. July 2, he said.

At about 1:20 a.m. July 3, Due, who was intoxicated, went down to the trailer with her gun, holstered under her left arm, Smallcomb said.

?Being a good landlord, she comes down to take care of this mouse problem,? he said.

But as she drew the revolver from its holster, it slipped from her hand, hit the floor and fired, Smallcomb said.

The bullet went through the woman?s right kneecap then struck a set of keys hanging on the man?s belt loop. The bullet glanced off the keys and tore a hole in the man?s pants, he said.

The bullet traveled between the man?s pants and his under shorts, grazing his groin area before coming to rest in his coin pocket, from where it was recovered for evidence, Smallcomb said.

?He?s really lucky. If it didn't hit him in the key chain, who knows what would have happened,? he said.

Due was taken to Ukiah Valley Medical Center for treatment an later discharged.

The Sheriff?s Office has submitted the case to the District Attorney?s Office, suggesting that Due be charged with negligent discharge of a firearm, Smallcomb said.

Smallcomb said there may be a lesson to be learned from the accident.

?I guess you don't drink and shoot mice at the same time,? he said.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom