Wolves-unforseen impacts

eelgrass

Long Time Member
I thought this was interesting. Who would have guessed that it wasn't that simple? The people behind the wolf introduction, that's who.

THAT WAS A MOST INTERESTING VIDEO, GAVE THE WHOLE STORY FROM A---Z. MUCH MORE TO THE WOLF SAGA THAN MEETS THE EYE...???.YD.

There's Places for them!

Re-Introducing them back in to the Lower 48 Ain't any of them Places!

Un-F'N-Real How much Money is Wasted on them!

The Big Coyotes just don't seem to Flourish in this State for some Reason!

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

Like I said in the last post , this little experiment has come at a great exspence to the American people. If you would like to read a book on wolf introduction it's called Wolfer- written by Carter Niemeyer. He was a government trapper who was in charge of introduction, when he retired from U.S. fish and wildlife he switched sides and works for Defenders of Wildlife now. Isn?t it amazing so does Jamie Clark. I wonder what they are getting paid now by the big radical groups. This was a good video , but this is a hunting forum so I will add my two cents. This was a very hard winter in the Central mountains of Idaho in late February we got six to eight feet of snow and then it rained a day on top of the snow, freezing temperatures created a super dense crust about a foot thick. I was finding big mature Bull Elk channeling through the snow high up in the drainages where they winter. The Wolves were able to run on top of the crust the whole month of March and to kill these bulls was easy for them. I packed out six deadheads , with four of them being trophy herd bulls, another friend packed out five heads and with the other shed heads I've talked to the total in our little area is up to 26 deadhead bulls and a lot of these were older age class bulls.

This is nothing new. History will repeat itself. However now we have the data and technologies to support the findings. Another aspect of the reintroduction of the wolf is that we never had environmental groups back in the 40's like we do now. This will be an uphill battle. The only way to turn it around is the total eradication of the wolf in the lower 48.

Charles Darwin:
Father of the theory of Evolution; Suggested that natural selection is the mechanism by which species evolve over geologic time.

I wonder what the environmentalists would do if the wolves started eating all the wild horses? That would cause some hand wringing.

>yes, cows, elk, deer....not wolves

And Feral Horses!

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom