Wolves killing other Wolves in YNP

Maybe when all Game Animals & Domestic Cattle are decimated they'll kill theirselves?

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

"despite his relatives? role in the death of the alpha male."

As if wolves know they have relatives, know they gain new relatives by joining a new pack and have feelings about it. Gotta love the slanted journalism.

Puh-leeze!!

You haven't read much on the socialization of wolves, elephants, etc. to make a statement like that have you? You might do so because it has nothing to do with us hunting them, but is very enlightening and interesting. Animals may not have the smarts of humans (some probably have more than some I've seen though!), but they aren't stupid either.

It's not uncommon for predators to kill one another, especially when fighting for territory.

Eldorado

I read a study a couple yrs ago about wolves being transplanted on an island in alaska. To make a long story short, in the end the deer were still there although not many, but all the wolves killed each other and were all gone. I guess in wolf world its ok to kill and eat your relatives.

Top, my statement had more to do with wolves thinking of their packmates as 'relatives' than with their social order, and that the author found it somehow odd that a wolf would attempt to join a pack that killed its own alpha. I get a little tired of the anthropomorphism, that's all.

Never said they were stupid. And I'm in agreement with you on some humans appearing to live at less than their potential. ;)

Pred

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom