Wolves in Cache national forest caught on TV?

T

timberline

The other night my wife told me that she had dvr'd a show about bigfoot in Logan. Since its just down the road I thought I'd watch it. (Finding Bigfoot). Anyway, they were somewhere in the Cache Natn'l Forest near Logan Canyon I think, when one of the guys let out some horrible call. Something howled back and I dont think it was coyotes like they said it was. I rewound the clip several times to listen. Sure as heck sounded like they stumbled into a pack of wolves. I know that sound bytes can be edited in to a program, but if that was really what they heard it sounded like not one, but a couple different wolves responding.

I was curious if anyone else heard this, or noticed the howling in the clip... not interested in any crap about watching the show (I was bored and the show's focus was close to home). I just thought that possibly they inadvertantly(?) caught wolf howls on video just outside Logan.

I was the watching the show too. I thought the exact same thing. It sure sounded like wolves to me.

Enjoy the moment and relive the memories.

The commercials crack me up. They always show some idiot making a "squatch" call and when a coyote or wolf calls back they immediatly decide they have heard a "squatch". Fuggin idiots.

not to alarm you but they are there have been there or are just passing through. they are a plauge and continue to spread outward from the impact zone like a nuclear bomb. They were in Lava Hot Springs mcammon Soda springs bear Lake For sure at some point in the last few years they have been through there, and are there now. I grew up in the above mentioned area and they have been passing through the surrounding areas for a few years now. So it could very well be what you heard.

Just before the 2010 Idaho Muzzy season my Bro in law was headed up the Idaho side to get to Franklin Basin so we could do some scouting. If you know the area, we were just before the bridge where you take a right or you go up to Hull Valley (below Willow Flats). We had a young wolf cross the road less than 50 yds in front of us.
They can move a lot of miles. That wolf could have been a teenager on the move trying to find it's own territory, or it could have been part of a pack. Who know's??? Did I mention that was 2010.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom