Wolf Saved My Buddy's Life

SureShot

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Aug-10-10 AT 10:10PM (MST)[p]I can't believe I'm even here to tell you this.

I was out checking my trail cams with my buddy the other day, when out of nowhere we get jumped by a huge grizzly bear. Luckily, my buddy isn't as fast as me, so I wasn't worried for my own safety. However, my buddy wasn't so lucky. That bear started chasing him down and it looked like he was a goner.

He was able to make it to a blowdown and he dove inside, which bought him a few precious seconds. I was looking around for a stick or some rocks to use as weapons when a very unlikely savior appeared on the scene.

It was a huge grey wolf. You're not going to believe this, but he actually started growling and got the bear's attention, then drew him away a little bit. The wolf and bear circled around each other like two great warriors sizing up the competition. Eventually, the wolf got between the bear and my buddy, and, like man's best friend, made his stand.

They growled at each other like a wolf and grizzly growling at each other, until finally the wolf intimidated the bear and he took off.

I know this seems like a tall tale, and I normally wouldn't dare come onto a site like this and share it with you. Some guys can be pretty incredulous (that means they don't believe you) and sometimes they're not very nice about it.

But, luckily, I happened to have my video camera with me and was able to document the whole thing so nobody can question me. Check it out:

I used to hate wolves just as much as the next guy, but I don't know what to think anymore.

Holy crap!

Your buddy is one lucky guy! I cant believe you got all of that on film without the bear turning on you. WTF were you thinking just standing there out in the open? that bear could have turned on you in a New York second.
Man what a story

And onewetboot believes this BS!!!

I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!

Oh!
Did I tell you about the scene I had with a Bear in Alaska last year?
Here's the clip!

I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!

One of Zigga's buddy's had a run in with a grizz....RIP Tim...

bearpoo.jpg

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-11-10 AT 05:19PM (MST)[p]I can't recall the name of the movie where that clip is from, but I saw it on cable about two months ago. That bear is probably ol' Bart. He's a veteran actor, having starred in a bunch of bear flicks. I got to shake his hand once back in the 1990's. I think he died several years ago.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

>And onewetboot believes this BS!!!
>
>
>I love not acting my age,
>
>Damn I love my NASCAR race,
>
>And Hell yes I love my
>Truck!

The funny thing is you believe that I believe this b.s. ha ha now thats funny

I have a muzzy tag, archery tag, rifle tag and two LE tags in Utah, plus 6 out of state tags. Too many hunts I'm guiding to count. We've already killed 3 bucks in Nevada that go over 200". It's shaping up to be a good year.

Yep I am sure thats Old Bart, just watch the way the bear is acting, then go to the website Vital ground and watch Doug Seus work with old Bart and now they have Little Bart and Honey Bump. I would love to shake the paw of Little Bart.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom