Wolf Mount

BenHuntn

Looking for reccomendations of taxidermist in the western states to do a life size wolf mount. Time and money are not the key. Quality is paramount. It must be show quality. I now there is a taxidermist that does great mountain lion work but I can't remember the name of the place. Thanks in advance.

Julius

LAST EDITED ON Nov-16-12 AT 09:06AM (MST)[p]No idea if Dave Ferguson does wolves but I send him anybody I know because his work is amazing. He is located in Harrisville Utah. I do know he does cougars and I even seen a Giraffe in there last year so I know he does high priority stuff. Im sue youll get lots of good reccomendations.

Ben,

I love it when a guy desires quality above all else, certain animals deserve that.

Here are a few options I will give you.

I killed two wolves in 1998.
I had Philip Soucy of Libby Montana do the best one lifesize.
Phil is an amazing taxidermist most known for his incredible talent on cats, but he does fantastic work on all predators...

091.jpg

065-1.jpg

054.jpg

Phil Soucy
http://www.philipsoucy.com/

Another taxidermist with the utmost skill to mount a wolf is Dennis Harris of Michigan, it would be worth the price of shipping...

http://www.artistryofwildlife.com/

wolf123-1.jpg

A video of his incredible piece called "The Chase"

http://www.artprize.org/artistry-of-wildlife/2012/the-chase

99fd235c_crop.jpg

ce30da0a.jpg

HPIM0398_Vga.jpg

All above Taxi's great Pics you may also wish to check out
"West Coast Taxidermy" in San Bruno, CA visit their website at taxidermystudio.com. They provide all the taxi game animals for quite a lot of TV shows and movies. Phone 650-583-4092

))))------->

Imperial Taxidermy does good work and are really good to work with. They are in Caldwell Idaho. Plenty of pictures on there web site.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-16-12 AT 01:04PM (MST)[p]In my experience, predators require a very specialized taxidermist.
Many guys that can turn out great game heads really struggle with predators.

This guy does real good wolves too but the shipping costs would be a b*tch as he is in the NWT.

Greg Robertson...

http://robertsonstaxidermy.com/gbears.htm

wolf3.jpg

wolf4.jpg

wolves3.jpg

wolf1.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Nov-16-12 AT 04:00PM (MST)[p]Schiermeier in Twin Falls Idaho. Go look at their show room.....
When looking at Lifesize mounts on cats and dogs, look at the knuckles on the feet. Nothing worse then a nice looking mount on a animal, and the feet are ALL jacked up!

i would not put Dave Ferguson in the same sentence as the other taxi's mentioned, HUGE difference in quality.....

>LAST EDITED ON Nov-16-12
>AT 09:06?AM (MST)

>
>No idea if Dave Ferguson does
>wolves but I send him
>anybody I know because his
>work is amazing. He is
>located in Harrisville Utah. I
>do know he does cougars
>and I even seen a
>Giraffe in there last year
>so I know he does
>high priority stuff. Im sue
>youll get lots of good
>reccomendations.

How to start an argument online:
1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

Daves Taxidermy does it all. David is real good at what he does. 25-30 years going strong. You could not go wrong. Was doing a full lion from africa when i picked up my deer. UNREAL!!!!

Daves Taxidermy
374 N. Main
Willard, UT 84340
www.davidbutts.com

A buddy of mine had a coyote life size done by Yuri Rulin of Taxidermy Art Studio. I think it looks great and I think the price was pretty reasonable. This is just a pic off my cell phone before he hung it up on the wall.

954coyote_mount.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Dec-13-12 AT 09:06PM (MST)[p]I would second Greg Robertson at robertsonstaxidermy.com in Yellowknife, NWT. He did my wolverine a few years ago and I am very pleased. Wish I would of seen a wolf also on that hunt to of added to the mix. Some of the wolves in his show room looked great. Here is a picture of my wolverine.

6512-7-29_

Bill

Well it will not load for me. I will try again later.

I don't know why my post was removed....

Whitemoosetaxidermy.com

Bob does a great job on his mounts. He has done several shoulder and euros for me and my wife and leaved no room for dissapointment.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom