Wolf Killed in Franklin Basin

An Idaho Fish Cop told me three years ago they were around. There's some on the Wellsville's. They killed one in Weston, Idaho a few years ago.

It is only a matter of time and we will all have to deal with them. I heard from a good source that a guy in Spanish Fork Canyon (Utah) caught one on a trail cam last week. He is getting confirmation from the DWR before he releases any pictures, but as eel notes, the cancer is spreading!

I know a guy who's brothers sister in laws uncle twice removed sons friend shot one!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

The owners of Beaver Mountain saw 3 blacks and a gray on the slopes during the ski season. Hopefully the one shot in Franklin Basin is one of those.

Grizzly

So what exactly is the status of wolves in Utah? Protected? Varmints like coyotes? Or do they fall in some sort of gray area? Is it illegal to shoot them? If the DWR denies their are wolves in Utah then we are merely shooting coyotes until we walk up on the dead animal and find out otherwise. ?Right?
A frustrating issue for big game hunters no doubt.
As sportsman we should pressure the DWR to establish their position before it gets out of hand. I am affraid if they wait for it to become a problem it will be too late. The DWR should be proactive on this matter and not wait to react to a bigger problem down the road.
If people want to see wolves let them go to Idaho or Wyoming.
JUST MY 2 CENTS WORTH!

We saw one a few years back out west of tremonton. I asked one of the local fish cops if he knew of the wolves in this area. He simply replied "we have no wolves in utah." I told him again that we had just seen one hours before. He said again "we have no wolves in utah" I was getting ready to jump his case and then it dawned on me the message he was trying to relay. I asked him again about the wolves in hopes he would just come out and say it, but instead made this comment, which was enough for me. "We have no wolves in Utah and we wont have any of them. We just have some cyotes that are a lot bigger than others. Im not sure how well this would hold up in court but had a good laugh any how...

there is a good reason we killed the wolves off before so i just cant understand y they want them back! if it looks like a yote in the scope it'll be a dead one perty quick!!

"Better to dwell in the wilderness, Then with a contentious and angry women Proverbs 21:19)

I believe the Utah wolf plan said that they are protected north of I -84, and are vermin south of I-84, so I guess it is where you are at the time.

I had on in the headlights of my truck above mantua.. an belive me I know wolves considering I bowhunt MT almost every year.. it was a wolf for sure. an I know cause I dont see too many giant black coyotes lol

....you tards have to get a DWR confirmation before you can share your own pictures????...I thought Cali sucked...

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Based on what is being said 'no wolves' in Utah, your looking a a coyote in which you are good to shoot it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom