Wolf kill

DeerMadness

Long Time Member
143 sheep killed by wolves near Boise yesterday. They stampeded the sheep and they suffocated in a pile. I fully support any and all Wolf slaughter in Idaho.
☠☠☠???

I am 100% in favor of livestock production.....which , it seems, is unpopular with the narrow minded here.........

wolves are not needed.....
Me too, but if you're going to run them on public land, it comes with assumed risk.

Wolves are part of the landscape, so are bear, lions, bobcats, coyotes, elk, deer, moose, bighorn sheep, etc. etc. etc.

I am all for livestock, well managed, on public lands. Unless, of course, the ranchers obliging themselves of the public resource are unwilling to give a little in return. Those who exclude the public from public lands "landlocked" by their own deserve nothing from the rest of us.
What does this have to do with the wolves and this article?

Me too, but if you're going to run them on public land, it comes with assumed risk.

Wolves are part of the landscape, so are bear, lions, bobcats, coyotes, elk, deer, moose, bighorn sheep, etc. etc. etc.
Wolves shouldn't be part of the "landscape". Would you have the same opinion if the sheep were killed on private property?

Mountain maggots! I wouldn’t mind not seeing those things in the woods again. As well as their dogs
That was the irony of it. I really don't like sheep as they stink , eat the vegetation down to nothing. I don’t like mutton and wool is too spendy except I will pay for Merino wool socks.
So wolves and sheep aren't on my Christmas list.

Good. Wish the wolves would get another 5000.
It's ok, SS. Your secret is safe here on MM.

W1GZbxd.jpg

What does this have to do with the wolves and this article?
Read the thread. It took only four responses before it turned from wolves and sheep to running livestock and the needs of ranchers relative to the interests of other users of public lands. If you keep reading, it becomes more about bickering about sodomy or (insert topic here), but that seems just about right for MM these days.

Last edited:
Did find a dead sheep last year don't know if it was a wolf kill but it had a new left hand velcro glove attached to its rump if no one claims the glove I'm keeping that sucker!

Did find a dead sheep last year don't know if it was a wolf kill but it had a new left hand velcro glove attached to its rump if no one claims the glove I'm keeping that sucker!
Left? Not mine. I’m missing a right hand glove...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom