Wolf in Malad ?

foundation

Very Active Member
I'm curious if any body has seen any wolf's or sign around the Malad area? I remember seeing a picture of one harvested around there last winter, but from what I read I figured it was kind of a fluke deal and there wasnt that many wolf's around that area.

I was hunting deer around Malad this year when I saw or am about 95 percent sure it was a wolf. When I first saw it I noticed it was about twice the size of any yote that I have ever seen and it had what I thought was a real blocky type head. Also it wasnt jet black but more like real black head and shoulders and then a dull black on the rest of the body.

It was about 500 yards on private property so I couldnt get as close as I would have liked and no pictures. Also it appeared that it was eating on a deer from what I could see from my position.

Any body else see wolf's there or did I just see a monster dark color coyote?

Last deer season when were hunting east side of elk horn, a camp at the bottom of the hill seen a wolf trying to run down a mature 4x4 buck. But have been hunting there for a couple of years and I have never seen one. But when we talked to a rancher down next to the Utah border he said he has seen them on his ranch.

There are no wolves in Malad, and if there is they are just passing through and traveling. There is not nearly enough habitat for an established wolf pack there

Cool, that's good to know!

What do you think has the biggest effect on the population and quality of deer in Malad? Everyone I talked to from the area seem to have a different opinion.

I HEARD THERE ARE NO WOLVES LIVING IN UTAH AS WELL. THEY JUST HUNT THERE DURING THE NIGHT AND THEN COMEBACK INTO IDAHO FOR THE DAY TO SLEEP AND BREED. ( REALLY )

DOGS AND CATS ARE THE NUMBER ONE PROBLEM !!!! F & G HAVE NO IDEA HOW MANY CATS ARE IN THE UNITS.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom