Wolf in Jackson Hole

BenHuntn

IMG_6076.jpg

Is that the wolf that's been hanging out north of the Dairy Queen? I heard there's a pack of 14 out on the Nat'l Elk Refuge as well.

We saw that Pack during our aniversary trip.

They just seem to mill around and we never saw then 'hunting' anything.

One that East Face one day, there was a Moose and her calf...they just laid around and did nothing for the big bad wolf stories we read/hear about.

When the F is SFW-Wyo going to fold and we can hunt Wolves in Wyo by the way?

That blackie would look great in anyone's TR-!!

Robb

Massntrash I'll do you one better. Not only are the wolves on the edge of town, I followed one for 4 miles one night a couple of years ago that was going in and out of driveways. I guess he was looking for pets he could kill or maybe find a nice tasty young child to munch on.

I certainly had no problem finding them on my moose hunt in bordering unit 20 last October. Heard way more howls than I saw bull moose. Was in mosquito creek south of Wilson. They should call it wolf creek. .

HE LOOKS WELL FED, HE MUST BE EATING GRASS !! UNLESS MAYBE HE IS DOING HIS KILLING AND EATING AT NIGHT. WHOOPS I MEAN EATING AND THEN KILLING. " NICE LITTLE DOGGIES "

Was thinking if a guy had the cojones, you could put yer own dog on a leash and take it for a walk in the vicinity. About the time the wolves come charging in to take yer dog, you could raise yer revolver in self defense and start clipping wolves. That'd be a legal self defense argument wouldn't it?

Negative you can not kill a wolf if it is attacking your dog or is about to attack your dog, where they are protected. Answer came from Game and Fish.

If a wolf attacked my dog the only reason he wouldn't die is if I couldn't get a bullet in him.

Sure would be a shame if that wolf had an accident.

Stay thirsty my friends

brdhuntr (249 posts)
Feb-21-12, 08:30 AM (MST)
12. "RE: Wolf in Jackson Hole"
I think we should give him a name!!

How about DEAD!!!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom