wolf hunting info

212tip

I was wondering what a nonresident had to do to go to Idaho and hunt a wolf and any suggestions on a good time and place thanks.

$154.75 non res hunting license and a $31.75 wolf tag.

You can get up to five wolf tags this year I think but you can only harvest maximum of two wolves per hunt hunt area and you need to make sure quotas are not met.

It's pretty clear in the regulations online. I'd suggest giving them a look through. I thought they made a rule that you could use a deer or elk tag on a wolf too but I could be wrong. Check the regs at:

http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/public/hunt/rules/?getPage=63

In some areas you can use 5 wolf tags in others you can only use 2. You do have a limit of using 5 tags per year. If you kill your limit in one zone, you can use your remaining tags in other zones.

If you become so proficient at killing wolves that you run out of tags then give me a call, I'll lend a hand.

Others on here know better, but I believe as the wolves have learned about the dangers of man the past few seasons you are better to wait until the deer and especially elk are more concentrated and snow is on the ground.

All of Central and No Idaho has wolves.

This time of year they move quite a bit and I don't think they are as likely to be in groups.

NR deer tag can be used for any predator. If you are looking at the panhandle a group that is trying to help out with costs is the foundation for wildlife management. Last year they were only in unit 1, but have heard its the whole panhandle this year and looking to grow further. You pay them $35 and you can get reimbursed up to $500 for you expenses.

>NR deer tag can be used
>for any predator. If
>you are looking at the
>panhandle a group that is
>trying to help out with
>costs is the foundation for
>wildlife management. Last year
>they were only in unit
>1, but have heard its
>the whole panhandle this year
>and looking to grow further.
> You pay them $35
>and you can get reimbursed
>up to $500 for you
>expenses.

Thanks Lang for promoting a great new conservation organization. last year close to twenty reimbursement checks were written in the Panhandle region. This year the program is available in other regions. Payments are for expenses only, and payments will be made as funds are available. Sportsmen have already funded the first 18 wolves in region 1 for this next season. details @ f4wm.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom