Wolf Fine

brdhuntr

Ok, does anyone know what the actual fine can be for killing a wolf. Maybe our friend from Salmon can reply.

Put it this way, I bought a 2010 wolf tag and it says I have the right to hunt 'em at least for this year.

I believe that would be a poaching violation. That would result in a hefty fine that would range in the $3,000-$5,000 range, suspension of your hunting license for a 1 year minimum, and possible jail time.

And also, since they put the wolves back on the threatened/endangered species list, that would most likely result in some federal charges as well if caught.

Negative boys. It would not be poaching any more, at least not like poaching a deer or elk, Wolves are no longer under the Mgt. of the State. You shoot one or get accused of shooting one, the guys in the black suburbans show up. They are "special agents" and are Fed employees.
Your local State CO for F&G might be with them, (likely not because they want to be) but you will be in Fed court over it...

far as I know, it would be the same as "taking" a Bald Eagle. Don't know the fine, but I expect it would be significant.

Not sure exactly but I guarantee you don't want to find out. It'd be federal and pretty harsh I'm sure.

the artist formerly known as "gemstatejake".

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom