Wolf attacks...and more

theox

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Mar-02-10 AT 11:41PM (MST)[p]After so much wolf controversy lately,I was kinda surfin thru some stuff and found this story.
I thought it was pretty interesting. I Just I thought I would share it. I'm not sure if it has been posted on here before or not. I believe it was from 2006 and is in B.C. canada

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=17807

huge wolves!
http://saveelk.com/wolf_061.htm

this slide show made me sick! and supposedly the humans are the sick cruel hunters!i dont know about you guys but id sure rather take a bullet or arrow than die like this
http://rliv.com/eaten/

also here is the site i found the link on, there is more interesting stuff on it. its not a very well put together site but it gets the point across
found this stuff under the myths section, the slide show section is a must see also

http://www.saveelk.com/wolf_004.htm

?It takes a genius to whine appealingly.?
Mr.Whiny

I've got family with a ranch in SW idaho. Wolves are becoming more and more prevalent. Last summer wolves came into the house and killed their best cattle dog, who was chained to the porch. They've also been killing calves, and who knows how many elk and moose.

hahahahahah, LOCK UP YOUR KIDS AND HEAD FOR THE CITY!!!! THEY ARE COMING JUST FOR YOUR BACK STRAPS. NOTHING BETTER FOR A WOLF THAN A HUMANS BACK STRAP!!!!!!!!:)

popcorn anyone? I got all spring and summer again for this one
:)
Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

I've been teaching Hunter Ed, here in Idaho, for MANY years; I was the "teacher of the year" a couple of times and have received every award and commendation they have for 25,000 hours of "kids service". (In theory, the F&G like me.)

A couple of years ago, I got into a "discussion" with a lady at Sportman's Warehouse. A bystander came up and told us both we knew nothing about wolves....wolves almost NEVER kill domestic livestock or dogs, are having a negligible impact on wildlife and have NEVER EVER even bitten a human....all the way back to Columbus. It turns out the bystander was a F&G Biologist, which she told me when she called me at home to continue "my enlightenment".

I sent her the autopsy reports, eye-witness reports, RCMP reports and all related documentation about the Canadian wolf fatality cited above....as well as documentation on many other attacks (within the last 15 years and others dating back 150+ years). Not only did she maintain that was insufficient evidence and not from reliable sources, I got 2 letters (one from the Governor's office and one from F&G headquarters) chastising me for misleading the public about the natural order of things and admonishing me to live up to my leadership role in the community.

Within the shadows, go quietly.

Ya i am skepticval of most biologists, many come from back east and only know what has been written in text books. thats the sad realization is these people are in charge of our hunting opportunities.

?It takes a genius to whine appealingly.?
Mr.Whiny

I wrote back to the head of the F&G. I told "my side" of the story and included the documentation of wolf predation on humans (not a one-time thing) and several pieces of evidence that wolves were a real danger to the indigenous ungulates (elk particularly). I also included anecdotal incidents of livestock and pet predation.

They did not respond.

I wrote some position papers (that were published) for an unsuccessful gubernatorial candidate.

SOMETHING we (hunters) should realize....in the western states there are more of us, than there are (for example) union members. If we'd demand attention to issues important to us, we could have MUCH more influence than we do.

GROUPS, which all-too-often demand auction tags and other benefits, do NOT accomplish what VOTING could.....we'd have to do our homework (learn what is effective rather than repeating what some group told us) about where people stand, hold them accountable and run for office. We'd probably have to educate many politicians that OUR issues EVEN EXIST...but we need take a political stand.

Within the shadows, go quietly.

Um... Wow...!!!!

Despite the poor quality of the website, those videos, (especially of the Coyote being killed for sheer sport) are incredible. Let the true Top-Of-The-Food-Chain at 'em... All year long, with any weapon... How many could we realistically kill anyway..?

This pertains to Idahoans anly as I can't comment on fellow states. If you live in Idaho and/ or think that wolves are hurting our ungulate populations (which they are in areas) then get off your a** and hunt them. Getting tired of folks complaining about wolf numbers in Idaho but they refuse to hunt them or are too lazy to go out and knock one down. We had a hunting season here in Idaho and, unless I am misled, there were areas where the quota wasn't reached by the closure of the season. Granted, I think that the quotas should have been higher, but at least its a start. Time to find another topic to complain about Idaho. As for the surrounding states, I feel that your battles are just beginning and we as hunters, sportsmen and outdoor entusiasts need to stick together to keep wolf populations manageable, as we should and do with all wildlife.

Ok, I'm off my soap box.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom