With friends like you!!

S

sonofthesouth

I'll begin by saying that its not entirely clear who's to blame my "friend" or me - maybe, but I would have been better off anywhere but here alone last night, all things being equal, an NY mugging and subsequent beating would have been better for me and less dangerous.?

I'll explain, ?I have this "friend" that showed up at my house and asked if he could stay for the night, I agreed and told him to make himself at home. He thanked me and then told me he had come to town to see "Marla" and that he would be back later that night. He got up to leave but not before telling me all about Marla, that he had met her just a few weeks ago but that he really liked her despite that fact. He went on to further explain that even though things between he and Marla were great, the relationship with the parents was stressed and in need of some mending. This apparently was the reason behind ?his going out to Marla's house and for his unannounced visit to town. I was going to ask a few more questions about this choice but he seamed so certain the timing was right, I didn't think to bring up the fact that it was after?11:00?at night.?

My "friend" left but as promised, returned around?2:40?in the morning, I?know this because the noise of his guests woke me. Even though I wasn't sure who the guests were or how many were here, never mind I hadn't been told about this party or given a chance to prepare for it, I jumped out of my bed and rushed downstairs to help with the celebration.??
Note: I considered this my first mistake of the evening, however I've since changed my mind having ?remembered that before that, I had allowed my "friend" to stay the night, thus making it my second.
When it comes to social events and knowing how to conduct myself I've ?had it very easy, always knowing instinctively just what to do to ensure everyone is taken care of and has a good time. ?Though I hadn't been invited to this party, I felt that it was important that attend, and if possible, to try and help with some of the subtle complaints that were being expressed. As I approached I introduced myself and was instantly met with an errant fist to the side of the head, making my invitation to the battle royal a given and serving as a wonderful ice breaker. As it sometimes can happen, social events held in your home-no matter how well you planned for them, will require quick decisions to be made to avoid a disaster and being as this ?"party" had originated in my laundry room and because of limited room there, and also being a very capable host, I encouraged everyone to follow me from there to the side of the house and eventually the front yard where everyone had plenty of room to move around and mingle. Bare in mind that I hadn't met any of these people prior to last night but that didn't stop any of them from making it a point to get to know me and introduce themselves. In the end everyone had the best of time and as it is usually the case when you're having so much fun, time flys and before any of us knew it, it was?3:00 a.m.?In?the morning.?

After the guests had left, I spent the rest of the night cleaning up and looking out the window thinking they'd return for the jacket or the one shoe they had left behind. There was also a promise from several of the guests that my home was going to be given a "house warming" when I was least expecting it. Because they were so convincing I really believed that this "house warming" was definitely something I didn't want to lose sight of and that I would be smart to make room in my schedule to accommodate it just in case . After all, if I were asleep or not home I wouldn't be able to give this party the necessary attention a party like the one that was promised deserves.

To my disappointment however, the promises were hollow and the night came to an end without further excitement.?As day light lit the yard I started to worry ?less about what I had done that caused my new friends to not come back for my impromptu house warming they'd promised and more about the car that was now in my driveway. You can imagine how pleased I was when the "friend" I used to have told me that the brand new red ford truck he showed up in "pre fight" was still out there ?"somewhere" near Marla's house in some trees, and because it was dark and because he was so excited to introduce me to them and show me how well the night had gone, he "didn't think twice" when he found the keys in the ignition of the car, and figured that nobody would mind if he "borrowed" it knowing he would return it first thing in the morning. Which explains why he still sped off even after they shouted at him to stop. They probably just wanted to tell him that the brakes were a little touchy, this part is unclear to me still despite several requests for clarity on the matter. Whatever had happened, the fact was that in my driveway sat the borrowed "post fight" diesel Rabbit complete with "A WAR" which is like "ON STAR", only instead of helping you avoid trouble, it helps you find it and like last night, it sometimes brings it right to your house so that trouble knows how to find you whenever it wants! What a ?rare find, that and the self applied paint Job - Country white with a mix of standard roller and paint brush if I'm not mistaken. In a word-?Beautiful!!?

Apparently the conditions for borrowing the vehicle in my drive had something to do with the local police, again-some clarity is needed, and even though I was told that "its not a big deal dude", I began to doubt the credibility of the stranger standing in my kitchen whom I used to know. That might also explain my confusion over his telling me that we needed to return it ASAP to avoid this "police" issue. ?
Note:?The definition of the word "we" was debated for sometime but to no avail. Though still not sure how, "we"?apparently refers to "me". Another surprise is that?although generally thought of as a piece loving people, Hippies, when angered and in numbers are a worthy adversary indeed. Also, the rumors of weed making people slow and lazy could also benefit from some clarification.

This Brings me to Mistake # 4, mistake # 3 was not kicking the aforementioned ass out last night after said ass brought 15 very energetic hippies from Candy Kitchen to my house?at 2:30?in the morning.?Looking back now, I guess I probably should have said no when "Ass" invited me to join him while he returned the car he had "borrowed". Lucky for me I didn't, because if I had I wouldn't have been the guest of honor at the surprise party being held in our honor, and was scheduled for?6:15 a.m.?or whenever we arrived. I know this because as we were sneaking up to the truck I heard someone in the dark whisper "they're here" and from out of nowhere another person jumped out and said "HAH!! just in time", which was a relief since I hate being late! Now I can't answer for the person I was with that I now wish I'd never known, but I was very surprised to see so many people waiting for us, especially since (insert expletive) had promised that "no one would be there", but to my delight he was wrong, and all of my new friends from just a few hours earlier were there to greet us with even more enthusiasm than before! It was awesome, I mean ?a person never really knows if he or she has made a good impression on people they just met, but not this time,...this time it was obvious they loved us! Speaking of love, nobody try to show me more care and attention then Marla's mother, what a sweet old hippie she is, and what an?opportunity (expletive) ?gave me to meet her. Without him I probably would have gone the rest of my life not knowing what it feels like to try and keep the mother of a girl you've never met from hitting you with a 5 foot long green t-post while 10 other people armed with similar weaponry surrounds you, the whole time telling you how much they like and appreciate you.

Judging by the mark left across my back and shoulder, or that I almost peed my pants when it happened, I think it's safe to assume I was hit with a piece of rebar or maybe even the t-post I ?mentioned. Never the less, I'm home, I'm alive, and my friend "Go to hell, I hope you die" aka "ass" aka "ex friend" just left and all of the vehicles in my yard are my own. Now all that's left to do is wait to see if my house warming party gets thrown. Yay me!?

Son

.....don't quit your day job....

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Anybody heard from ~Z~?

The Red Ford Pick-Up just mighta been ~Z~'s Truck?

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

I've got Wild Honey Tree's and Crazy Little Weeds growin around my Shack!
These Dusty Roads ain't streets of gold but I'm happy right where I'm at!
All these Perty little Western Belles are a Country Boys Dream!
They ain't got Wings or MM Halo's but they sure look good to me!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom