Wise Words .. Fred Bear..

brutus54

AMEN !!!!

B2EACCD0-7909-4304-ABB3-B563BC827767.jpeg

Although I can't say we were bosom buddies, I met him at a writers' conference in 1980. Bear Archery was a supporting member of the organization, so he was there along with a Bear PR person. Same for a couple more years until his health went downhill. He was always accommodating whenever I spoke with him.

Like me, he was devout smoker; he died of lung issues, which will also help do me in even though I quit a while back. :mad:

Last edited:
Quite a guy and he did have the right attitude and approach to hunting.
Thanks Brutus54, for re-sharing that with us. Very good!

Zeke

I’ve only killed two bucks with a bow. It is a 55 lb Bear Grizzly with cedar shaft arrows. I still have it, but couldn’t shoot it now if I wanted to. 1970’s , brings back good memories.

Amen to that Fred Bear! Rest In Peace my Blood Brother! If all would take that attitude with us every time into the woods we would be better off. Most of the time we just fight amongst ourselves.

I grew up near Gainesville FL which had an exit off I 75 south end of town called Archer. It was the home of the Fred Bear museum. I heard they were selling everything to bass pro and closing down. I went in an open door and walked around for awile before someone came in and asked if I needed help... I just wanted to see it all. The man let me stay as long as I wanted. I admired Fred's sportsmanship very much.

Had a family friend that worked for Bear archery and he gave me a prototype compund bow that turned out to be the Whitetail hunter or something like that. It was metal and heavy as hell but it shot about 30 whitetail and a few hogs. Still on the wall at Mom" s house.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom