Window mount Recommendation

tracker12

Very Active Member
Looking reasonably priced window mount for my SAWRO ATM65. Was wondering if a ball head would work or if it still is advantageous to have a tilt and pan head.

I am the type of hunter who days copious amounts of research before making a purchase [forums, blogs, in person, reviews, etc.]. I struggled to find what I felt was A]Solid and reliable B] not going to break the bank. I narrowed it down to and decided to give it a shot... best decision ever. I ended up purchasing the Manfrotto 243 window mount and the Manfrotto 494RC2 ball head. I have an 80MM vortex scope thats roughly 18" long and it does fantastic!!! Plus, you can take the ball head off and use it on your tripod and use the window mount for your camera body :)

Interesting that was your choice. I was looking at that same combination. I have 700RC2 pan head and the QR plate will work on the 494RC2.

For me, it was simple...going back and forth between tripod, window mount, etc I HATED having to unthread re-thread plates/adapters...

And because most tripod/window mount manufactures seem to always run different plates, even between tripods, I went to manfrotto!

I purchased a befree tripod and bought their window mount and an additional ball head for it that all accept RC2 plates! No more bullshiz! I'm giving my standup tripod to someone and will purchase a tall manfrotto carbon fiber for antelope hunting...and yes, RC2 plates come on most heads!

After scouting and hunting this year with it I can't believe I use to fight with it, best few hundred bucks I have spent for my optics!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom