Wind Indicator Powder---A Substitute?

Cow Tag

I was going to put some unscented talcum powder in my 'wind indicator plastic bottle' and I could not find actually unscented in several stores. Would any of you know of other substances that can successfully be used instead of bath powder? Corn starch? Baking soda? Graphite? Just brainstorming to find a product that could be used in a pinch. Any ideas or opinions out there?

LAST EDITED ON Sep-01-10 AT 04:35PM (MST)[p]I use chalk line chalk all the time,, its a little heavier so it doesn't have as long of hang time but still works pretty good.

Gotta poke a little bigger hole in the cap also..

dont worry if it's scented, basically if they can smell it- your screwed anyway, they've already smelled you

The powder from a fire extinguisher works great.

I just need the bottles. I ordered 3 today on ebay. I lose them at a rate of about one a month.

cornstarch works very well...one word of advice, replace it every year before you hunt. it seems to draw moisture and doest work as well.

Using powder is fine, but it only works when you squirt it. In addition I always have my string made from about 6" of unwaxed dental floss. Actually, I have two.
7314dscn0428.jpg

5882dscn0429.jpg

Before you die.....Take time to live

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom