Willard Bay Public Road Closure

W

Wilderness_chick

LAST EDITED ON May-15-15 AT 09:35AM (MST)[p]I caught wind yesterday of a major blow to fishermen/women in Utah. Trying to pin down the validity of it.
Word has it a construction company is shutting down the public access road along the south west dyke system at Willard Bay. What this road does is give public access to fishermen/women soon the dyke system that do not have access to boats.
A new road is being constructed along the dyke system. When I attempted to access this road to fish along the light tower western side I was cut off by heavy equipment and told all access to public land is now forbidden.
Now no one will be allowed to access the public land due to construction heavy weights blocking off public access??

Please post any information you can find on this subject as it has been difficult to dig up and state parks and utah is not talking.

Thanks for sharing. Is the road to the Harold Crane WMA closed to the public or just the Dike Road that follows right at the base of the dike at Willard Bay? This is the first time I have heard anything about that closure.

Dillon

Where were you able to find that information? I wasn't able to find anything like that. I would like to continue to know of updates on access. The guy I talked to was quite rude and said access will be closed for close to a year.
He also stated They were rebuilding the road for construction vehicles only.
That's why I posted this trying to get all the information that I possibly could because based on what the individual told me they were closing it off completely

Like Forkhorn said, Weber Basin recieved approval to improve and raise the dike to support an additional 3 feet of water at full pool (that's a lot of extra water on years where we can hold and store the excess). There's going to be non-stop trucks 24x7 in an out for quite a while. They estimated the total project will take 2 years to complete. The first step is improving the road to support all of the heavy truck traffic. Yeah, it may be an inconvience for some time, but its not a permenant public road closure, and in the end well worth it.

Many thanks for the information! It would have been nice for the individual I spoke with to explain it. Was he tired of explaining it..? IDK, however a small explanation would go a long way. A sign at the beginning of the access road as well..? People would probably shoot it up, but many would appreciate the information so we can plan accordingly.

Yep, information goes a long ways. I've only seen it covered through the news outlets a couple times.

This is my own speculation, but I bet when it's all said and done, we will have a much improved access road around the whole dike. That back side has been a rotten mess for a long time.

Wonder where the water is going to come from if they can't keep it full now? And it has been that way for the last 5 years. The fish in Willard pack their own water.
Rutnbuck

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom