Will Tiger win?

eelgrass

Long Time Member
Tiger has a one shot lead going into the final round of the U.S Open tomorrow. He made a few lucky shots today to get the lead. He hasn't driven the ball too well. So I think tomorrow is not a sure lock for him. His knee is obviously bothering him. He says it's getting worse. (not sure I believe him).

Will be a good final round tomorrow.

Eel

Yeah he'll win unless he's really hurt badly(which I doubt-I think he's being a little overly dramatic too).

Isn't it funny how often he gets "lucky"? My wife and I were talking about how our grandchildren will one day ask us to tell them what it was like to watch Tiger play. He's a once in many lifetimes player and may be the best who has or will ever play the game....

LAST EDITED ON Jun-14-08 AT 09:10PM (MST)[p]Whats his record when leading after three rounds in a major?
13-0, 12-1 something like that.....i have a hard time not thinking that with or with out a leg he'll find a way to get it done.

He'll be on the range tomorrow finding a swing that will allow him to find fairways, and not tweek the knee so much. My money has to be on tiger.

*edit- i think it was Arnold Palmer that said his competitors and he were very close in talent, only that his(arnolds) misses weren't as bad as theirs.

I think that is the case with Tiger and the rest of the world, They are all capable of hitting great shots its how they handle the misses, and if tigers misses aren't as bad, its just got to be an easier game for him.

47aa8a9e202b0d9f.jpg

I saw Tiger earlier in the week when I went to Scripps Green Hospital for a Dr. appointment. (Torrey Pines golf course right behind hospital) He seemed to be walking just fine.
not sure I believe his knee is an issue either...

I'm not sure i can take watching another 18 if its gonna be like todays...

Tiger butchered the par 5's, and if he could do anything other than double the first, it wouldn't even be close.

One more Cortisone shot before the round tomorrow, and tiger should be good to go.....

47aa8a9e202b0d9f.jpg

One of the best rounds with Tiger close that i've watched. Very competitive golf, mainly i supose cause Tiger is obviously not on top of his game. I really thought Tiger was going to get 2nd or 3rd there at the end. You just can't count him out...guess that's why i pull for the guy.

Joey

Unbelievable last round!

I don't see Tiger losing an 18 hole playoff for the US Open though. Especially if he can get past the first two holes at par. They kicked his butt this week!:)

I would be very happy for Rocco if he can pull it off! He's never won a major.

Eel

Like I said on the other post - if Rocco doesn't bury him by at least 4 strokes on the front 9 it is over.

What Tiger does is amazing and unbelieveable. It is not hyperbole if it is true.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

My wife and Rocco were neighbors in Greensburg, PA. Gives me a little connection to hope for him as the underdog, but I am sure the Vegas odds are heavily in Tiger's favor.

Like Roy said, if Rocco doesn't have a big lead coming to the back nine, Tiger's clutch play makes him the big favorite, bad knee or not.

"Hunt when you can - You're gonna' run out of health before you run out of money!"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom