Will I lose my points

schoolhousegrizz

Very Active Member
I have enough points to draw the deer area I want without buying a preference point this year. Just want to make sure I don't lose my points if I don't buy one. last I heard was that if you went 2 years in a row without buying a point you would lose them. Is that still how it works? Thanks.

Yep, but unless you apply for a unit that will definitely take several PPs less than you have for a 100% chance at drawing the tag it may be best to spend the $40 and buy another PP. You never know when illness or something will keep you from applying and that missed PP could bite you the following year.

>Thanks, it's Region k and I
>have 3 points right now.
>I should be alright, but
>thanks for the advice.

I have no idea why you think you're okay as K took 2PPs in the regular Draw for a 100% draw this year. Some of the units went up 2 or 3 PPs in just one year this year, so you had better spend the $40 and not play around taking a chance, which is exactly what you're doing if you stay with 3.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom