Will 16 points get a bighorn moose tag?

desperatehills

Very Active Member
My buddy has 16 moose points and thinks he is sure to draw a moose tag for the bighorn mountains. I want to burn my elk points and go help out but I am afraid I will draw and he wont. According to hunting fool it took 17 last year, I think he is one away. What do you think? I know it's hard to know for sure since people could just buy points so that skews application history. By the way, we are non-residents

He will have a great chance at a tag in any of the three units there since there are very few NRs left with 16PPs like he has. Last year Unit 1 had one tag taken with 17PPs and the other tag was a 50% draw with the two people that had 16 PPs. If only one other person that has 16PPs puts in for it this year and he does he would get a tag. That may be the way he's looking at it and thinking he will get that tag. Howver, it's obviously not 100% since there are still a few with the same number of PPs that he has and it will just depend on who puts in for what, so he isn't assured of a tag even though he may think that way because people can move their choice from one unit to another from year to year.

Be careful which one you ask for. my wife had 43 a couple years ago which the huntinfool says is the best in the state. and it sucked.

Granted we had a freak early cold spell but we couldn't find a decent bull to save us. we covered everything from Bear Lodge to Tensleep . after a week of nothing I found an outfitter and we finally got her a bull late the second week after lots of days seeing nothing . and he wasn't anything special.

Area 1 is much better , if I had it to do over that's what she would have drawn.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom