WILDLIFE ENCOUNTERS ANYBODY???

Had a spitting cobra latch onto my groin in '87. Been there ever since.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

>Had a spitting cobra latch onto
>my groin in '87.
> Been there ever since.
>
>
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Lmao! Funny chit!

Don't drink and call your Girlfriend at night!!!!!!

1. Wen flying one day out of NAS Fallon. Landed on a mountain south of Carson CIty an d stopped to SWP crews and pee. Three of us walked to a rock out crop pin just forward of the help and peed off the edge. Got back in lifted to a hover and took of...right over two bears headed up the hill.

2. Fishing in hip deep water near Corpus Christi for red fish. Thought I stepped on a rock/chunk of concrete. Got out of the water and noticed a horseshoe shaped bite mark just above my ankle.

3. Went for a drive along the beach, 42 miles pat the 4WD only sign on South Padre Island. Stopped fired up the grill and went swimming. Came back, ate my elk steak an drank a couple of wine coolers. It was dark and I thought a night time swim would be cool....I went until I couldn't touch bottom then swam back. The next weekend some guy caught two tiger sharks from shore less than 2 miles from where I swam.

been around......Close encounters with brown bears in Alsaska, grizzly bear in NW Terr. Lions and black bears in CA. Cape buff and snakes in Africa. Horse wreaks while huntinbg in Wy and B.C.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

Close encounter with 2 MONGOOSES' AND 1 COBRA squaring off. Damn Brown Recluse once and about 2 or 3 mean ass Rock Apes on Monkey Mountain on the outskirts of Danang in '71/72...did not have my pistol or would have shot them damn apes while they were trying to break the union on the water line along the road going to the radar site on top.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

I was bow hunting back about 30 years ago. We were hiking in the dark to get to a ridge before light to cut off the deer heading back in the pines too bed down. On the way up the hill we was spooking an Owl from tree to tree up ahead of us we could hear it hooting and flying around. well I got to the top before my buddies and sat down on a dead fall log with lots of branches on it. My head was the highest point on the log. It was just about light I had my back to the trees I walked up in when I heard a flapping sound and felt wind behind me. Before I could turn around a Great Horned Owl landed on my head the weight took me down a little. I froze it moved its feet up and down not sure what it landed on. knowing it was the Owl we had spooked on the way up I thought this thing could tear me up pretty good if I panic. So I shook my head a little bit and it flew up off my head I turned my head a little so I could see what it was going to do. And the dam thing was going to land on my head again. Oh hell no I thought I got lucky the first time with no Damage. So I stood up and turned around at the same time and it was right in my face It started flapping its wings and back pedaling fast beating me in the head with its wings knocking my hat off and flew off. Well I was blow away with what had just happened when my Hunting buddies showed up. It took awhile for me to clam down to tell them what just happened. This is a story I will never forget. I know my camo was working well that day.

Here's a funny one I'll never forget...and possibly my best memory of buck fever kickin' in! About twenty years ago, I was hunting mule deer alone, and had hiked in thick trees and rugged terrain for the better part of a day without as much as even a fresh track sighting. I was standing behind a large, bushy pinyon pine tree when I thought I heard a crunching noise on the other side of the tree. As I craned my neck to peer around the tree, you can imagine my surprise to come face to face with a nice two-point buck doing the exact same thing (kinda when you would look at yourself suddenly in a mirror)! I swear for that instant I could see the surprise and amazement in that bucks eyes (and I'm sure likewise for him)! I can't explain the comedy of errors that ensued, but all I had to do was point and shoot, but I still remember yelling "YOW!", followed by jacking out a shell, then fumbling some more to get ready to shoot as the buck disappeared out of sight, never to be seen again! DEER HUNTING...ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE! ;-)

You had to ask - still wake up at nights shivering from this one. My therapist says it is good for me to share, not quite sure about that, but I will do what she says.

Here you go:

http://www.monstermuleys.info/cgi-b..._thread&om=3044&forum=DCForumID11&archive=yes

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

Scouting for elk, in the summer I came around this spruce tree that was on a little hump and came face to face with a cow moose and her calf. I froze and just waited. She knew something was up but didn't know for sure (wind was in my favor). She eventually walked to my right with her calf and then stopped. I figured I could then head on past walking away from her. Well the calf got scared and ran back to where they came from. Now we are making very flat triangle shape with me in the middle. No where to go, I was a good 20' from any tree of size to offer me protection. With the cow about 25' away on my right and the calf about 35' to my left, I was in deep S**T! The cow's ears pinned back head lowered, hair standing up, I figured it was time for me to start fertilizing the grass for the elk...

I wanted her to make the first move and after about a minute she did, I about crapped my pants and made a move for the tree but she had already ran past me to her calf. I took about 4 steps in the time she covered 40'!

Someone was watching out for me that day.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

Forgot about this, was coming back in the dark rain/snow mix during archery season (elk) and got off the mountain, hit the trail about 3/4 mile from camp. Came face to face with a mnt lion laying on the trail at about 20'. There was tall grass/willows on each side of the trail. Frozen in place, I notch an arrow, attach my release and pull back part way. I start yelling at the lion and starting walking towards it. Finally around 15' he jumps into the grass. That was the bad part, cause then I couldn't see it. Talk about your heart racing for the next few minutes I could have s**t my pants if a snow flake hit me just right :)

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

I've inadvertently called in black and brown bears while hunting deer here in AK. This involves tooting on a fawn bleat in the fall and waiting for deer to come in. Bears are quite interested in a tasty fawn at this time of year.

The one black bear came in at a full charge in some thick stuff (I was sure it was a buck all the away) until I saw him at about 25 yds. Unloaded my 686 revolver into him. I think he took 5 hits before I finally killed him. It was fall bear season and I needed no tag, so he sits on the wall today. Solid 6.5 footer.

Also had one close call when I was packing out a big buck. I had shot him up the hill on the fringe of some muskegs. Got him down to the beach right as it was getting dark. Wind at my back with a pounding rain and I jumped a bear in the beach fringe alders at around 25 yds. He could have easily just jumped me, but ran away. A big whewh.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom