Wildlife commission appointment/reappointments?

txhunter58

Long Time Member

Governor Polis appoints two new members, reappoints two members to the Parks and Wildlife Commission

DENVER - Today, Governor Polis made appointments to the Parks and Wildlife Commission that bring agricultural production expertise, represent rural communities, and emphasize the importance of equity and access in outdoor recreation.

“Today I appointed and reappointed Coloradans to the Parks and Wildlife Commission who bring their strong lived experience and perspectives to these critical commissions. These boards help protect and improve access to Colorado’s iconic outdoors, and I'm confident these Coloradans will help us continue to preserve and enhance the Colorado way of life,” said Governor Polis.

Murphy Robinson of Littleton was appointed to serve on the Commission as a representative of sportspersons, with a term expiring July 1, 2027. Murphy’s childhood passion for fishing and bird hunting evolved into big game hunting during his time as a police officer in a region with a strong hunting culture. Robinson previously served as the Deputy Mayor and Executive Director of the Department of Public Safety for the City and County of Denver where he oversaw the police, fire and sheriff departments. He has more than 20 years of experience in law enforcement, leadership and administration. Today he owns a portfolio of security technology companies and serves as trustee for the National Western Stock Show.

Tai Jacober of Carbondale was appointed to serve on the Commission as a representative of agriculture producers west of the Continental Divide, with a term expiring July 1, 2027. Jacober is a distinguished rancher and owner of Phoenix Ranching, a thriving cattle operation across multiple counties. Once the largest producer of grass-fed beef in Colorado, Jacober brings a robust background in production agriculture to the Parks and Wildlife Commission. His ranch also produces organic hay, which supplies his own cattle herd. Tai and his wife also operate an agritourism lodge, where they raise sheep, chickens, and pigs and maintain several greenhouses, and also provide educational agriculture classes for children. Jacober is also an avid lifelong sportsman and outdoor recreator.

In addition, today, Governor Polis reappointed Dallas May and Jay Tuchton to the Parks and Wildlife Commission, with terms expiring July 1, 2028.

May is the current Chair of the Parks and Wildlife Commission. Born and raised in a Colorado farming and ranching family, May began his first herd from a heifer calf given to him on his 13th birthday. He now sells purebred breeding stock across the U.S. and Mexico, and operates an irrigated farm operation raising alfalfa and corn, which is a family operation. May will continue to serve as a representative of agricultural producers.

Tutchton is the Preserve Manager for the Southern Plains Land Trust (SPLT) based in Bent County, Colorado, He manages SPLT’s reintroduced bison herd and works to improve its 60,000-acre network of protected lands for the benefit of all native wildlife species. As a lawyer, Tutchton spent 27 years litigating. He will continue to serve as a representative of a nonprofit organization that promotes conservation and recognizes non-consumptive wildlife use.

“Colorado Parks and Wildlife is excited to welcome our newest Parks and Wildlife Commissioners, Murphy Robinson, Bobby Massie, and Tai Jacober, and welcome back Jay Tutchton and Dallas May, current PWC Chair,” said CPW Director Jeff Davis. “We look forward to working together to further our mission of perpetuating the wildlife resources of the state, providing a quality state parks system and providing enjoyable and sustainable outdoor recreations opportunities that educate and inspire current and future generations to serve as active stewards of Colorado natural resources.

“I would also like to thank our outgoing commissioners for their dedication to representing their particular interests, the Commission as whole, and Colorado Parks and Wildlife’s mission. This is a volunteer position, and I appreciate your hard work and willingness to go above and beyond in your commitment to this role. I look forward to working with our new and current commissioners to further Colorado Parks and Wildlife's mission for current and future generations.”

The Parks and Wildlife Commission is responsible for perpetuating the wildlife resources of the state, providing a quality state parks system and providing enjoyable and sustainable outdoor recreations opportunities that educate and inspire current and future generations to serve as active stewards of Colorado natural resources.

The Parks and Wildlife Commission is a citizen board, composed of 11 governor-appointed members, which sets regulations and policies for Colorado’s state parks and wildlife programs

Sorry but didn’t know to post a link.

Are these good or bad appts?
“The Parks and Wildlife Commission is a citizen board, composed of 11 governor-appointed members, which sets regulations and policies for Colorado’s state parks and wildlife programs”
Nothing will be good when Polis appoints anyone.
He is anti hunt and remember last year he declared a meat free day in Colorado.

So I happen to be aquatinted with Murphy Robinson from my professional life. Honestly I like the guy. He checks a lot of boxes for the people beholden to the DEI thing, but I found him to be a good dude. Down to earth, he likes guns and likes to shoot, former LE fella. Didn’t know he was big into the outdoors but honestly I think there could be far worse appointments

08/16/24
3921c3bd-1f57-407f-9ba4-aa48f51be860.jpg
Travis Duncan
Public Information Supervisor
720-595-8294 /
[email protected]

Correction: Governor Polis appoints two new members, reappoints two members to the Parks and Wildlife Commission

d5e5f225-bb7c-b23e-942d-0dbfc586de47.png
Correction: In the quote from CPW Director Jeff Davis in our previous release, we incorrectly identified Bobbie Massie, who is the Governor’s Great Outdoors Colorado appointment. The quote should read:

“Colorado Parks and Wildlife is excited to welcome our newest Parks and Wildlife Commissioners, Murphy Robinson, and Tai Jacober, and welcome back Jay Tutchton and Dallas May, current PWC Chair,” said CPW Director Jeff Davis

“The Parks and Wildlife Commission is a citizen board, composed of 11 governor-appointed members, which sets regulations and policies for Colorado’s state parks and wildlife programs”
Nothing will be good when Polis appoints anyone.
He is anti hunt and remember last year he declared a meat free day in Colorado.
If I get 1800 signatures on a a ballot initiative can I make a proposition to outlaw democracts?

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom