Wildgame Trail Cameras

dillon

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Apr-12-11 AT 04:23PM (MST)[p]Are the 1.3 mp cameras any good by Wildview? Are the 2.0 Wildgame IR2 any good? I mean they are super cheap, so I would imagine they aren't very special. If any of you use them I would like to see a few pictures they have taken.

Thanks,

Dillon Hoyt

I have never used the wildview cameras. With trail cams you get what you pay for. If you are going to buy some, I would recommend getting something that is atleast an infrared. You get better pictures out of them at night, and they dont scare the animal when they flash. As far as MP go, I wouldnt get anything lower than a 5. But this is all my opinion. Take it for what its worth.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-13-11 AT 09:19AM (MST)[p]I have a IR4 and I like it. even left it out during the middle of winter and got some good pictures of bucks in late january (-10 zero) (won't show those pics, people will recognize the area).
Also it has video and it works really well. I think I have some IR pictures at home from it. will check later and post them.

here are some of a bull that I had come in.
2491pict0001.jpg

3042pict0008.jpg

3174pict0009.jpg

7258pict0010.jpg

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

I HATE my Wildgame. It has terrible battery life (lucky to get 2 weeks in summer, 3-5 days in winter) and it takes a LOT of blanks, and crappy pics. My IR doesn't flash very far, so unless the object is within 8 feet, you're not going to know how big it is, or if it even has antlers. Check out Moultrie. I love my moultrie! But they're big and bulky, which sucks when you're backpacking.

I learned that the wildgames made in 2009 or earlier were HORRIBLE on batteries but they fixed that in 2010. Mine is a 2010 model and it would go months on one set of batteries, warm or cold weather.
The only way I learned to tell was that the 2010 models supposedly are the year they started putting a remote battery connection on the bottom of the camera.
2622pict0010.jpg

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom