Wilderness hunt

Weiserbucks

Very Active Member
Im looking at doing a backpack wilderness hunt in D6 this season . My main motivation is to get away from the crowds and have a chance at a buck that hasnt been shot at 5 times already . I will be hunting archery season and if unsuccesfull I will continue the hunt into rifle season , any suggestions on an area to hunt?

Ahh yes...it is that time of year when we get the "not looking for any honey holes....just a place to start" threads :) Here ya go....get a map, pick a wilderness area, get a map of that wilderness area, pick a spot that looks good, and then you go scout....if no deer are located, repeat untill you find some.

LAST EDITED ON May-10-12 AT 00:07AM (MST)[p]some guys are plick's ......
call area dfg office and get warden and bio dudes and dudettes numbers and call everyday with those ?'s til they get back too you!!
if b zone wilderness I could put ya in a spot during archery season!
think about it..easy in and out!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom