"Wild Justice"

As far as Wardens i know there way undergunned,but what has the DFG done to help you and the deer in California?I hunt Nevada,Colorado,Utah,Wyoming and they have had there ups and downs but here its all been down hill.

"As far as Wardens...what has the DFG done to help you and the deer in California?"

Really? How many deer, or other game animals, would be left if there were no fear of ever being caught? If there were no closed seasons? No bag limits?

Yeah, i know things could be way better but i support the F&G guys out in the field and as Far as the Brass, lots of politics being played where the field guys have no control.

As far as Deer, we need to "control" the Mt Lion population and allow/plan burns/fires to eventually create new and younger habitat. Let it burn!

Joey

Watched the show last night and was all right. give any man credit walking up on 6 or 7 bear hunters he is a little out number.it was all about the nothern part of kali.where you guys up there have something to poach.but here in central kali we have the same thing you have pot plants.cowboy57

I know a couple wardens in Cali and the work their a$$ off to get poachers out of the woods. We have one that will show up when we call when we have problems on out land. Real good guy!

Now for all the ppl that blame the fantastic California deer number solely on the DF&G. I do believe 10,000 tags in D6 and 30,000 in D3-5 should be cut in half. We as hunters have to give a little to see results. Open up your eyes and look around! When are deer at their most critical times? On their winter range and fawning season. Predators destroy fawn numbers when they are young. So let's get out there in the off season and help lower the coyote numbers. We all know we can't legally help the cat numbers. The famous "SSS" will help that problem.

Now quit harassing the deer and stressing them out on their winter range. Let them rest during this tough time in their life. No need to push the deer around and burn up their well needed energy to survive the winters. This also goes for winter time shed hunting.

I know that not gonna bring them back in great numbers, but we got to start somewhere. Yes o know habitat plays a huge role also.

I thought it was ok but, could be far more tasteful. If you didnt know better you sure would think all us hunters are murders the way the did the show. Did they really need to show the bear with a broken jaw blood all over and chest cavity open . This is anti hunting material staight up. I do respect the wardens and I know most all of them from the show. they do a great job, but watch the out come from this in the years to come. Most hunters respect the game they hunt and the woods they do it in , there is al lways a few bad apples to spoil the crop. lets hope this show dont ruin it for the good hunters or give hunting more of a bad name then we have allready. far as deer numbers go ,its all in managment and my local warden says they will not manage deer in ca. it is political, he said its all the big shot pencil pushers and they do not want to change anything, the main goal is $$$$$$ thats not they way it should be .

Mountain Lions are "one" of the main reasons our California deer herds are vanishing so quickly. Everyone should check out the language of Prop 117.

Heres a picture of what was going to be a nice California buck but was taken out by a mountain lion.
The DFG has no control over the mountain lion. They were voted by the majority of the voters to be protected per prop 117. If my memory recalls 51 counties voted to have a season and control their numbers. The bigger counties held the majority of the votes so now the deer herds are paying for it. You could only guess what counties voted to protect them.

img017-1.jpg

Heres some of the language of prop 117.

Establishes Habitat Conservation Fund. Transfers $30,000,000 to Fund annually from existing environmental funds & General Fund. Moneys from Fund appropriated to Wildlife Conservation Board; Coastal, Tahoe, Santa Monica Mountains Conservancies; state & local parks programs. Funds to be used principally for acquisition of deer & mountain lion habitat; rare & endangered species habitat. Remaining funding for wetlands; riparian & aquatic habitat; open space; other environmental purposes. Prohibits taking of mountain lions unless for protection of life, livestock or other property. Permit for taking required, but prohibits use of poison, leg hold or metal jawed traps & snares.

I watched the first two episodes that I had taped last night. In doing their jobs to protect wildlife and catch people that are poaching, they seem to wind up dealing with pot farms and drugs as much. I agree with Sage that we need to control Mountain Lions to help the deer herds.

Sorry for hijacking this thread. Yes we do need to control or better yet manage Mt. Lions. But we also need to do more about controlling coyotes and black bears. The state sets our quota on black bears at 1500 which probably needs to double to see any kind of impact. Predator control is only part of the problem but an important one.

JR

It was sad to see that the son of the founder of California Deer Assoc. was arrested on last nights show for poaching and drugs.

Larrbo My thoughts exactly! Also I think the bear quota is now 1700 but not like that helps a lot. Mountain lions are a problem but many people need to help thin the coyotes out. I for one won't hesitate to shoot a coyote while deer hunting. They are a real problem for fawns!

I added up the tags from archery, general and LE hunts. Holy crap there are bunch of tags for a suffering herd.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom