Wild as the Wind Pronghorn-Massive Buck Guess

Adventurewriter

Very Active Member
Hey,

Been having fun with the "Hunt Challange" in the other forum and got this buck with my bow. Really great year... did tons of scouting and saw some nice bucks. With work I had to get it done with my bow...The Buck I got with my bow was right at 79 and I was thrilled to get him.

7828buck-prong.jpg

8613front_shot-p.jpg

Saw three real smokers, My favortire was Captain Hook....lots of mass and had moved in right where the 84 1/2 inch Buck I killed last year (rifle)had lived. Capt. Hook was hard to judge with his mass and super hard hook...I think he was about 14 1/2 to 15 but HEAVY and a great prong. Any guesses on this guy.

2752hook2.jpg

6276hook-1.jpg

There are lot of pictures and text on the hunt and scouting at the Hunt Challange. Click on "Wild as the Wind"

Any guesses on Buckethead????

Thanks was thrilled with the buck I got....came in right at 79 with a mini extra prong on the right prong

But hoping the below buck is back next year...with his mass he could put up some niccccce numbers

I would be interested in seeing the one on your wall. I looked at this buck allot last summer. I looked at 500 bucks and was by far the most massive...from the front he looked short with that hard hook. If he is still alive I know where he will be next year when if I draw I can chase him again...

I consider myself pretty fair in field judging...but this buck is so different...not quite sure. I am curious what others think...guesses are free!!!!

LAST EDITED ON Nov-05-10 AT 10:57AM (MST)[p]Your buck has more mass, I believe. The shape of the horns is similar, though.

This buck is less than 14" and scores 78. He has decent mass, but it's hard to tell in the photo.

Edit: I'm guessing your buck is 80-82. Hard to tell from the photos.

04WYAntelope.jpg

Nice Buck. If this bucks is 78 thenm I am thinking the one pictured is 82 for sure maybe more. The buck I got last year (rifle) had seven inch bases and this buck is way heavier, maybe eight inches plus and his second mass measurement could be really good and his upper mass was thick and the nice long prong and seem to be even side to side. My guess is he was 14 1/2 to 15 in length.

I looked at this buck alot and have never had such trouble trying to fiqure him out cause he was so different...

He lives in an unusal place a little BLM wedged in Private...so I think he is still alive and will be back next year...I hope so...With a good winter and summer could really be something

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom