Wifes first hunt trip...??

Wiszard

Long Time Member
My wife has agreed to go on a hunting trip with me....yes, I asked her to participate. She is not in great shape so a lot of hiking is out of the questions. Have any of you taken your wives on a first time trip? I am thinking I'd like to take her on an early season hunt for either antelope or deer. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Steve

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

Take her on an easy meat hunt. Doe deer or antelope. I've taken two wives so far and they seem to like "easy" and LOW pressure. If you take her on anything more trying, get used to hearing "you don't have to tell at me..." lol

"My wife has agreed to go on a hunting trip with me."

You have no one to blame but yourself. :D

An early season blacktail hunt, A or B zone. Ride around and maybe a few short easy hikes. It's nice weather for camping.

I knew someone would say that, eel. LOL. I look at it this way...if she sees WHY I love it so much, she may be ok with me going on more hunts each year. Not to mention, if I take her on an early hunt, it only gets me out there more often and all I have to do is bring her with me. It's a win-win. Not to mention, I don't have to cook. Kidding, of course.

"You don't have to yell at me...." hopefully won't come out of my wifes mouth. I will try really hard to have patience with her so there will be no need for her to complain. :)

Steve

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

Of course patient is always the plan... That's the reason for the easier kind of hunt. Everybody has patience when a 12 inch goat gets blown out. Not many ppl have a lot of patience when a muley of a lifetime gets sent packing by a innocent mistake... Guess I just meant to say, keep it fun for her..

alwayshunting- I knew what you meant. This first trip will be a sensitive time so I will need to not have any expectations. I think a doe antelope or doe mule deer hunt is the best bet. I appreciate the help.

Hey Wisz!

You know She's not gonna Like Hunting as Much as Not Hunting Don't You?

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

Guys- I want to do more than just 1 or 2 hunts a fall. I really think it would be fun to get my wife out there by my side...to pack out quarters. Kidding....but seriously, she has no idea what it is like to be out there. No idea how cool it is to watch the sun come up in Gods country. Will she like it? I have no idea but at least I am going to give it a try.
Plus, last time I went hunting, my wife missed her period. 8 months later she gave birth to a bouncing baby boy with a pipe wrench in his hands. I had a vasectomy 6 years ago so I don't know what happened. Must be a miracle, huh BESS.

Is it possible she has already been on a hunting trip?

?Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. "

>Is it possible she has already
>been on a hunting trip?
>
>
>?Nothing in this world can take
>the place of persistence. Talent
>will not; nothing is more
>common than unsuccessful people with
>talent. Genius will not; unrewarded
>genius is almost a proverb.
>Education will not; the world
>is full of educated derelicts.
>Persistence and determination alone are
>omnipotent. "

She's been huntin with bobcat for years. Del Amitri said it best.

https://youtu.be/r0UZWywmavk

#livelikezac

bobcat likes young men...

Wiz, I guided many husband/wife teams and most wives always wanted to hunt bulls/bucks vs does/cows, female thing I guess, you have a great opportunity to teach her why you love hunting so much and why we do what we do even if we dont kill.

Great job getting past the hard part of her actually being willing to accompanying you on a hunt.

I took my wife on her first trip 6 years ago. It was the last day of the season. Snow on the ground and we drove in blind to a new place in the morning dark. We exited the truck and I could see a hill yo out left. 20 minutes later I shot a huge 3 point. I can't repeat that maybe but she was sure impressed.

>Guys- I want to do more
>than just 1 or 2
>hunts a fall. I really
>think it would be fun
>to get my wife out
>there by my side...to pack
>out quarters. Kidding....but seriously, she
>has no idea what it
>is like to be out
>there. No idea how cool
>it is to watch the
>sun come up in Gods
>country. Will she like it?
>I have no idea but
>at least I am going
>to give it a try.
>
>Plus, last time I went hunting,
>my wife missed her period.
>8 months later she gave
>birth to a bouncing baby
>boy with a pipe wrench
>in his hands. I had
>a vasectomy 6 years ago
>so I don't know what
>happened. Must be a miracle,
>huh BESS.

Hey Wisz!

So?

You Think She's Done Having Kids?:D

At Least You Were a Good Sport about it!

>
>Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good
>health for granted because it
>can be gone in a
>heartbeat. Please go back and
>read the last line. This
>time really understand what it
>says.

Ms Wisz going Hunting is gonna kinda SUCK!:D

Don't do it. She will kill bigger deer and never let you live it down.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Hey Wisz!

Might wanna Listen to justr!

He Talks from Experience!:D

Just make sure the area you take her to is a beautiful area
so if she can carry a camera too and enjoy the country,
A place with wonderful fall colors is always a hit.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

My wife went with me on a couple of easy going hunting trips before we had kids (muzzleloader deer and antelope). She seemed to enjoy how laid back it was. I started putting her in for LE elk and I assured her she wouldn't draw for "years". Well, guess what? She drew! Luck would have it that she was 5 months pregnant on that hunt and had to leave our first born at home (she was 3). It was an extremely difficult hunt and she vowed she'd never go again!
Well, of course after she drew elk I started putting her in for deer. I assured her she'd never draw a tag. Well guess what? with 11 points she drew in 2017! She was not excited at all (at least that's what she let on). Time came for the hunt and to be honest, I think she had a good time. The kids were older so leaving them home wasn't quite as big of a deal. We had to come back home for a couple of days during the season but we made best of the time we had. She didn't like the cold but all in all she was a trooper. And for me, I had the time of my life! It was a really fun experience!
So, If your wife has never been, just make sure she keeps fed, stays warm and just have fun! That's my suggestion.

>Just make sure the area you
>take her to is a
>beautiful area
>so if she can carry a
>camera too and enjoy the
>country,
>A place with wonderful fall colors
>is always a hit.

+1

I've drug my wife out to the desert and she HATES it! She has to be somewhere "pretty'.

On my wife's first trip about 16 years ago, she got a nice 4x4 buck. Shes been hooked ever since. I make sure she is warm and fed

?Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. "

I have seen justr's wifes buck compared to his. Both good bucks but hers was bigger. I really think he over shot and scored with her. :) Kidding Kenny...

My wife doesn't have her license but will ask her if she'd like to try to hunt. I doubt she will. Killing an animal isn't in her DNA at this point. She doesn't like the meat so that is a reason for her not to kill just to kill (her thoughts).

Thanks for all the advice guys. When can you apply for doe tags in most states? Is that after the main draw?

Antelope don't require her to get up early, it's easy to see a lot of them, and may be an easier hunt. Comments above about scenery and terrain are valid. Take her out to eat at a nice restaurant, maybe even run to town and buy her an outfit. She'll associate it all with the hunting trip. Drive round and sight see. Make sure she has her own pair of binoculars to look around with. All depends on where you go and how much time you have. Make sure she stays warm, has good food, and can sleep comfortably (think camper or motel). Make sure she takes a couple of good books too.

OMG!! Steve, have you lost it? No belching, farting, non showering, etc. Don't do it.

Have her go with some other gals. They can have their own hunting trip. Just sayin'......PC

I like to hunt and my girlfriend liked horses. I got the bright idea to take a couple horses and her elk hunting. That was 1987. We got married in 1988 and have not missed a elk season since.

She sleeps in some days and always has a book in her backpack. She see far more game than I do. We rarely hike together, I make to much noise and she walks to fast. We stayed in a tent for several years, now we have a nice trailer.

There is no right or wrong. Let her make her own choices and include her when you can. It can also be a great way to get gear, stuff you really want but say is for her. Like a new 6.5 creedmore

lmao!!

Hey Wisz!

Remember when the Utah DWR Called You?

I'm Still LMMFAO over that one!

Wisz,

Is your wife like this one?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ou...legal-deer-he-shot/ar-BBROFOo?ocid=spartanntp

A Michigan hunter caught shooting an illegal deer at first denied doing so, but then confessed and put the blame on his wife for his actions.

"The honest-to-God truth is that my wife wants deer meat and if I come home without any she'll get really mad at me," the hunter told Conservation Officer Josiah Killingbeck, according to the Cadillac (Michigan) News.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom