Wife wants a 2016 antelope hunt!!! Help!

elks96

Long Time Member
My wife decided tonight she wants an antelope hunt in 2016. She will have 2 points as I just bought one now and will buy a point next year.

We are DIY types and will be packing our kids. I really love units around Baggs and Rawlins, but do not think 2 will be enough.

What units should we look at, for decent number of animals and good ground? We can go special if needed.

Again closer to Baggs Rawlins better due to travel and work times etc.

I wouldnt recommend burning 2 points on unit 42 normally, but with tag numbers down most everywhere, probably a decent bet. I've hunted with friends in the unit before, decent access with good numbers. Trophy quality...marginal.

I've had good luck on the leftover tags if you want to save some points for a better unit.

Yeah I am thinking about trying our luck on a left over tag as well. She might or might not go for a doe fawn tag. I will get a doe fawn tag just to hunt.

If I can figure out a left over buck tag for her, then we will build points for her. My oldest is currently 8 years old. i am sitting at 1 under max points and trying to decide if I go for my one good hunt or hold out and split point with her. Or maybe all 3 of us average points for her 16th birthday present, etc.

Can you point me towards a left over list? Or a give an indication of units with left overs. I have been looking at some options in the checker boards.

Also are there any units that are traditional only? Archery or Muzzy that could be second choice options?

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom