wife drew

6Xsix

my wife drew a montana antelope tag for the 700 district. we montana moved from idaho last sep and have not had much time to get out in the field since the move. any help on this area would ba much appreciated or general direction. thinking of miles city area??? we are from kalispell and dont really want to make the long hall over by the dakotas if we dont have to....any ideas...is there much blm or public land out that way, or is most of it private. thanks for any input.

do yourself a favor and drive the extra few miles... Everyone and thier dog from Billings and Miles City hunts around Miles city.

Call the F&G office in Miles City and get a Block Manangement pamphlet, look for perspective ranches and then call them.

Shoot me an email. I will tell ya the block manangment ranches I used to hunt ou there.

[email protected]

You need to go past Miles city till you get to Terry, Hunt the Powder river area..

AVOID Broadus and the Elalaka areas as the outfitters have it all leased.

anouther good area is the Jordan area.

The best genetics are in Rosebud county.

Get the BMA maps from the wildlife department for the 700 region, there are 2 kinds of Hunts, type 1( First come first serve, sign in at the gate) and type 2 (Call the landowner and reserve a date to hunt)I always go for type 2, most places fill up fast for deer but they always have room for speedgoat hunters.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom