WHY OH FRICKEN WHY?

B

B_BOP_A_LU_LU

You ever notice?

Lots of used Guns for sale in Utah on KSL Classifieds!

Why do so many people Buy decent Rifles & Top them with such CHEAP/JUNK Scopes?

The Gun will only perform as well as the Scope atop it!

I'll STFU now since my best scopes are JUNKY Leupold's!:D

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!
I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!
And a good BBQ!
I am Medicine And I am Poison!
What Voltage of Cordless Sawzall are you running & what's your quickest Drive-By at hackin the Horns off of RoadKills?

Wished I was drinking some MT DEW but I'm not!:D

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!
And a good BBQ!
What Voltage of Cordless Sawzall are you running & what's your quickest Drive-By at hackin the Horns off of RoadKills?

Lots of Lambos out there with Checker Auto door buster special floor mats if that's what you mean.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Spent all their money on the gun, none left for a scope and the deer hunt starts tomorrow!!! Sure do hope a bore site I did myself will atleast let me get a bullet into that monster buck out the window of my truck!!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Because everybody out there is buying optics such as bino's and spotting scopes and can't afford the rifle scope. You only spend a minute pulling the trigger on the animal but spend hours behind your optics. I've got a 25.06 that I bought several years ago but I've never scoped it up and therefore have only shot two bullets out of it. Since I archery hunt nowadays I've never need it. Every January I want to scope it up for yotes but can't afford it after Christmas and end up using my 7mm with a crappy old Redfield from back in the 80's. So to put it in a nutshell, everybody is turning to optics and archery catboy, and scoping up a rifle with a great scope is not as big of a priority as it once was. Of course, if they were rich they'd all have a swaro on top of thier cannon.
Hope you had a good Christmas and New Years catboy.
Banty.

yeh i know what you mean i have a buddy i hunt with that does that. he brought a sako m7 in .300 winny to elk camp last year topped with a 3x 9 x 32 simmons. and not even the " high dollar " whitetail line it was was of the red ringed ones. he bragged how he got it for 29 bucks at big lots or somewhere.

it cost him a shot as the next morning he left his rifle on his atv and the scope filled with condensate and never cleared out. now he wants to put a bsa or barska on it !

You need a scope on top of your gun? I just strap my spotting scope on my 30-06 with some bungee cords. That way when I do my 1,000 plus yard shot, I can be accurate.

29.00 huh Beavis?

Might as well stay with open sights,most guns can break a 29.00 scope and what good is a fogged up scope?

Well Fat Banty,at least without a CHEAP/FOGGED UP scope you can at least shoot it!:D

And BuglinBilly,Ya,that's what we need is some more Hell Maries & Wounded Animals running around,Ya a Challenge!

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!
And a good BBQ!

Is it me or is Be_Bop's signature line keep getting longer? Do I detect another "war" brewing?

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Im with ya on that one! I just upgraded to a Tasco on my 300 RUM and I'll never look back! :)
Sometimes spending a little extra makes all the difference.

You think maybe they kept the good glass and slapped some junk on there before they put it up for sale?

I guess some people have to learn the hard way. But I guess I have done it to. Its just ferustrating dealing with a scope that is all over the place. I only use Leupold it works .

Kilo!

We know you're old!

But I think you're getting Senile too!:D

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!
And a good BBQ!

Because a POS that wont hold Minuit of barn is fine, but head shots are unethical...gotta love the logic

I had me one of them Fancy scopes. A big ol buck was B-Bopping up over the hill!! I drew down on him and yanked the trigger a couple times then took the saftey off. I will be a SOB if I didn't hit the buck right in the B-bop!!!! Trashed both hind quarters. I never done that with iron sights and Kentucky windage! If I make a good gut shot I always have a good excuse why. (Freaking cheap Scope)

Rutnbuck

I bought a 204 Savage a few years back, Its a great coyote gun, but like you say,,, ran out of money and really wanted to shoot it, so I put a BSA 9X14 or something like that... Get it dialed in.... take a ride in the truck... and mysteriously gets knocked outta sight everytime! dang cheap scopes! Time to upgrade my 300 winny and put its leo II on the 204
"Like a midget at the urinal, always be on your toes!"
www.Anacondatreasure.com
www.rwmurals.com
http://www.themontanagallery.com/

Bullstodie, how do you like that Savage 204? I've had my eye on those for a year or two. I don't know why though, I can't even afford a scope! fatrooster.

>Bullstodie, how do you like that
>Savage 204? I've had my
>eye on those for a
>year or two. I don't
>know why though, I can't
>even afford a scope! fatrooster.
>
Fatrooster.... I love the gun, it fun for shooting prairie dogs and rabbits and coyotes. Anything bigger than a coyote it is no good for. But Savage makes a good bolt action. One thing I didn't like about it, was the acu-trigger. One day after cleaning it, it started to trip the acu-trigger, so everytime i jacked a bullet in, it would trip the acu trigger. I messed around with it, and ended up messing with the springs and fixed it. All in all, i wouldn't trade that gun for anything.
I was kind of pricey, I bought the gun for 675, but haven't had the money to put a decent scope on it yet... this year though ..hopefully.

"Like a midget at the urinal, always be on your toes!"
www.Anacondatreasure.com
www.rwmurals.com
http://www.themontanagallery.com/

I gots a daisy on my 7. it came with my kids bb gun seams to work sweet!

You usually get much more out of a good scope selling it seperate than what it adds to the selling price of a rifle, but a cheapie scope can add more than its value to the sale of a rifle. Selling a rifle is a good way to clear out junky scopes you have laying around....

"And BuglinBilly,Ya,that's what we need is some more Hell Maries & Wounded Animals running around,Ya a Challenge!

Bobcat, just get ya an open sighted gun. They don't fog up at any temperature. Then learn to get close, (that's the challenge I am talking about) and in the end you won't need Hail Mary?s, and won't have wounded animals running around, or laying dead on some distant hillside.

Try putting a little real hunting back in the game and quit depending on high power optics and guns to get the job done for ya. And along the way you might find an enjoyment you did not realized exits.

Have a good one. BB

>Because everybody out there is buying
>optics such as bino's and
>spotting scopes and can't afford
>the rifle scope. You only
>spend a minute pulling the
>trigger on the animal but
>spend hours behind your optics.
>I've got a 25.06 that
>I bought several years ago
>but I've never scoped it
>up and therefore have only
>shot two bullets out of
>it. Since I archery hunt
>nowadays I've never need it.
>Every January I want to
>scope it up for yotes
>but can't afford it after
>Christmas and end up using
>my 7mm with a crappy
>old Redfield from back in
>the 80's. So to put
>it in a nutshell, everybody
>is turning to optics and
>archery catboy, and scoping up
>a rifle with a great
>scope is not as big
>of a priority as it
>once was. Of course, if
>they were rich they'd all
>have a swaro on top
>of thier cannon.
> Hope you had a good
>Christmas and New Years catboy.
>
>Banty.

Well said as long as it will hold a zero and you can see through it. What more do you need?

Bopster, I agree that more spendy scopes are better, more reliable, hold their zero better and all that. But to paraphrase a country song "the equipment doesn't make the hunter". Back in the day when $50 was a lot of money to spend on anything but food for the kids I hunted with a $200 rifle topped with a $39 scope. And I have several great muleys, a couple of antelope and a couple of rams on my wall that I killed with that setup. We've become such equipment snobs that we seem to think a high dollar scope or rifle is all a guy needs to be a good hunter. I don't know if I was a good hunter back then but I guarantee I was a dedicated sumbeech and I was pretty damn successful.

By the way, I still shoot the $200 rifle but I have a little better scope on it now.

those are great points. i started out witha 110 savage in 06' with a old ancient weaver scope i bought at a yard sale. i got two elk and three deer with the set up. then i was able to afford a bell and carlson stock and a pronghorn tasco. i thought i made the bigtime ! then i got a good job and other rifle set-ups came along. i always loan out the savage to brother-in laws ect. it still shoots straight no matter what.

Don't lay it on me BB!

My Spotting Scope is an Antique Bushnell!

I have a few short range JUNKY Leupolds!

I have a few Rifles with No Scopes!

----------------------------------------------------------

So NVB?

You saying You're not as good as you once was?

----------------------------------------------------------

As the PISSCUTTERS get smaller I'm gonna need Scopes with more Magnification!:D

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!
And a good BBQ!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom