Who's good at scoring velvet bucks?

M

muleymaster

I have three videos of three different bucks i videoed this year up scouting for the Idaho general archery season. Im not the best at scoring yet so i thought id see what you guys think?? enjoy :)

thanks

Video 1

Video 2

Video 3

Nice videos. Couldn't tell you a score but definately something i'd be happy with. Go get em'!! Good luck!

the tall narrow buck is hard to score but the other 2 seem to be pretty nice. ida say 170 or so. im hoping the first one is 180. thats the buck a friend of mine and i may try for

I would have to say the third one is the one that has the chance to break into the 180's, I dont see much over 170 on the first buck and the narrow buck might make 160 but probobly more like 150 to 155. That third buck is the one I would be after, good luck hope you get him!

I don't consider myself an expert on this, but am improving. I'd say the first buck is in the 165-170 range, and the third buck is around 175 give or take. There seems to be some variability in ear sizes depending on where you are. Some bucks have really big heads and big ears here along the eastern edge of Idaho. I guess I'm assuming that third buck has "normal" size ears. Can I ask what general region of Idaho this is?

Ive watched the videos over and over and just cant get anything much over 150-160 on any of them especially after they go hard horned.Let us know if you get any of them, id like to see that narrow one get another 3-4 years older.Good luck.

I agree with arrow and jbrice. Buck 3 is the best... hard horned just cracks 170. He is good looking for sure! Backs are too weak on buck 1

well i may head back up this weekend and see if i cant get more pics and video. Thanks

> Ive watched the videos over
>and over and just cant
>get anything much over 150-160
>on any of them especially
>after they go hard horned.Let
>us know if you get
>any of them, id like
>to see that narrow one
>get another 3-4 years older.Good
>luck.

My wife killed a 150" gross Blacktail (4x4 w/eyeguards) and the bucks in his videos are quite a bit bigger than her buck.

the first video doesnt do that buck justice, he is pushing 28 wide with massive fronts and semi heavy. the last video makes the buck look small but he is bigger than he looks straight on. i guessed 170+ for both, the middle one is tough because of width but is super tall, deep forks front and back, and heavy.

Sometimes you just have to shoot em and walk up and find out for yourself.Like I said please let us know if you get any of them.

> Ive watched the videos over
>and over and just cant
>get anything much over 150-160
>on any of them especially
>after they go hard horned.Let
>us know if you get
>any of them, id like
>to see that narrow one
>get another 3-4 years older.Good
>luck.

I'm with you on this one. I think the third buck is the best at just shy of 170. Both that one and the first buck have weak back forks.

Ide shoot the first buck. The 3rd buck is nice but i think if you were to score both, they would be very close inch wise, even though the first one doesnt have browtines. Hard to tell his width on #1, but hes got great fronts.

I agree with HalfAce. The last buck looks like he has great forks but I think he's a young deer with good forks on a small frame. I bet when stood up out of his bed he looked much smaller. Bedded deer always look bigger. 175" max...prob closer to 170"

On the first buck you nailed it with the "flares out" comment. Ya his beams are great and so is his inside spread because of how they flare out. His G3's are a little short and his G2's are average but I'd take him over the other 2. 175"

Narrows is tough to tell from the video. Just judge each side like a shed and give him a 12" inside spread.

Good luck!

you def. know what yout talking about Yoyak. i like the first one. the third one bedded is actually bigger than he looks bedded. but your right, he is young, his face, body, and mass prove it. nice buck, good potential. we have a 26" main frame buck with an inline fifth coming off of his right G3 and 2 cheaters growing straight out on his left G3. one is about 3 inches the other closer to 8! great eye guards to top him off. he may be in trouble real soon!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom