who would leave a tree stand up?

S

SPIRITELK

i found a tree ladder stand last yr all set up and chained to the tree. it was still there this spring and still on the rifle elk opener. this seems strange to me. now there are 2 moore ladder stands set up farther in and have been up since the bow hunt. are people realy gona leave the stands up yr round now or what? would the forest service go take them down if i report them? i dont care if the hunt from them durring the hunts but it bugs me that they leave them up yr round. what you guys do?

If I wanted to hunt in them and they have been up as long as you say i would write a note asking permission to use them and thank them for purchasing them and installing them.

You could get a number from them and see when they are going to be in them. so you could work things out.

if they are rude about it and just say get a life I would cut the tree down and leave the stands.

LOL that was a joke! seriously If I put up stands which I don't I wouldn't mind if someone wanted to work with me instead of being a Utard and stealing it or destroying it.

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

Archery is a year round commitment!!

+1

Leave a note in a plastic bag with your info. They should have no problems with you using it. Stands should be taken down at the end of the season, but no reason to take them down during the season. Just like antelope blinds. You can legally set them up and leave them as long as you take them out when finished with your hunt.

I have seen this before too I do not really care if they leave them there or not it does not bother me whats so ever or have any effect on anyone as far as I can tell. I know of at least 5 tree stands that are permanetley built to the tree and stay there year round and haven't hurt anything so who cares.

i guess i should not care. guess i should not ask what others think either. i should just use the for porta poties and crap on the seats then leave the thank you notes. thanx for your imput i just figured out their purpose by leaaving them up.

I don't think it is right to leave your trash up in the mountains. Any resposible hunter would pack out what he or she packed in when they were done hunting the area. Who wants to stroll through the woods and see old rusted metal stands stuck all over the place?? After a while most of these stands are not structually sound so no one dares to use them and they are left there to scar the scenery that your eye beholds stirring up unwanted anger towards the irresposible person who left it there in the first place. Theres not alot of sacred, untouched places left on this planet. If you use a stand, please take it out of the hills at the end of your hunt ALONG WITH YOUR BEER CANS AND MT DEW CANS. Let someone else enjoy that area without seeing your crap hanging in the trees.
And yes I do have a tree stand, yes I did hunt from it this year during the elk hunt and yes, it is now home in my garage where it belongs when I am not using it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom