Who uses a doubler or tripler on their Bino's?

kingfish

Long Time Member
How well do they work?

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

I have never used one but judging by the things I have read here and elsewhere they are not very good. I have also seen quite a few on the classifieds here and they didn't get much interest or money, hope that helps and maybe someone with real experience will chime in. I hope because I have seen use for one if they are any good but not if they suck!

Bill

Kill the buck that makes YOU happy!

not the best but if u have an animal reconned ond only want to identify him before the stalk they can be useful to save some weight and space of your spotter for the pack out of the meat. With your fifteens u get pretty good power. Just my thought

LAST EDITED ON Jan-26-12 AT 02:35PM (MST)[p]Most good optics are designed to make the best of the magnification to light gathering power ratio. By doubling or tripling what is already the maximum clear magnification, you will substantially decrease brightness and clarity of what is probably already the best max before using the device. I would want to take a look through the optics with the double/tripler before purchasing one.

Had one for a pair of Swarovski 15x binocs. It was about worthless. Sold it immediately.

Kingfish,

Even if she wears eyeglasses that double or triple the size of things she's gonna know the truth once she gets hold of the "trophy". The ground shrinkage is hard to conceal.

In theory- a great idea- lightweight dual purpose.

In reality- not that great

I use one on my Swarovski binos (10x and 15x) but I agree with the previous posters. It's not all that great.
It's OK if you want to go scouting and have a super light pack but it's not a serious substitute for a spotting scope.

Just my 2 cents,
Zeke

PS: wanna buy my Swar doubler?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom