Who owns a drone?

eelgrass

Long Time Member
I'm seriously thinking of getting one to video some around here when I go kayak fishing on lakes and the ocean.

There are quite a few different ones available. If you have one, how did you chose which one to buy? Just reading about them is not much help for me because most of the information is over my head. I still have my 8-track player.

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

Eel, is that cute neighbor gal still sunbathing out in her yard behind the hedgerow you can't see though?

RELH

If she is, You might have a few old geezers who will donate to a worthy cause. LOL

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Just a Heads Up Eel!

Beware of Big Pine Tree's!

In your Case Big RedWoods!

You get one Stuck in the Top of a Big Tree it Ain't much Fun!

Make sure you get one that looks like a Protected Species!:D

Whisper Mode is a Spendy Option but Well Worth the money!

9661drone.jpg

We laugh, we cry, we love
Go hard when the going's tough
Push back, come push and shove
Knock us down, we'll get back up again and again
We are Members of the Huntin Crowd!

One more Good thing about owning a Drone!

You don't have to Report to no one!

Somebody Landed a Drone on Obamas Lawn!

Wonder what that made him Think?

I Suspect there'll soon be Laws!

How They gonna Enforce them?

elkassassin, first a snorkel now a drone. I think I'm having a mid-life crisis.:D:D:D

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

Well Eel!

All These Items we've never had!:D

We only gonna live once!:D

LAST EDITED ON Mar-18-15 AT 04:24PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Mar-18-15 AT 04:22?PM (MST)

I was hoping you'd get a few dozen "drone recommendation" responses. I ran across these cheapies at the Hunting Expo a couple of weeks ago. They look like the kind of rig I would need to learn the tricks of keeping one air borne.

4964drone.jpg

I actually heard there was a product out now with a "throw your hands in the air" and duck, and the drone will take over remote return to base and auto-land itself. That's the one I'm most interested in. Once I can fly it, then I'll start thinking about what to take a picture of.

Hope some of you early adopters will pony up and share your drone recommendations.

DC

Thanks 2lumpy, you're right, it was actually a serious question.

I read about a couple that are GPS guided via your smart phone.(which I don't have but will probably get in the near future)

I think it's the future of good video.

Eel

I believe your right eel. The drone world is in embryo stage, in my opinion, not just in video but in way's us "regulars" can't yet imagine.

If were a young man (or a young woman), I would get into "droning" right now. There will be an entire industry, with diverse jobs, beyond anything anyone ever planed on.

We're entering new world of aerial-robotics. Exploration, delivery of materials into small remote locations, rescue, (can you see yourself dropping a life jacket or rubber flotation device on a drowning kayaker), providing temporary emergency radio antennas, netting wildlife, vaccinating cattle, washing windows on high rises, trolling a a dry fly, counting antelope, investigating mines filled with poison gas, painting signs, changing the light bulbs in a gymnasium, and on, and on, and on.

It will be very interesting to watch this new industry roll out over the next 20 years. Hang on, it's going a be a wild wild ride.

DC

Deep Down I feel Eel is gonna be getting us some Footage:

pool.jpg

I have developed a drone that I can sell pretty cheap, the only draw back is that it can only fly during the day as it uses the sunlight to operate. The cost is only $125.00 plus shipping and handling,I would need an order of at least 60 of these to make it worth my time ,I have been contacted by many Defense contractors.I will post up some pics tomorrow evening, meanwhile I would appreciate those interested just post up.Thank's

It will be interesting to see your product. Air time is a significant issue for public drones as I understand it.

DC

264mag, sounds interesting. I know the technology is changing all the time. For $125 you can put me on the list.

Eel

Any one interested? I will give one away free just pay shipping and handling,I will draw the winner this evening.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-23-15 AT 12:56PM (MST)[p]
I'm very interested but not looking for a free one, I'd just like to know how it works, hear about how it differs from other products on the market, it's pay load capacity, it's operating costs, how far from the controller will it function, how crash resistant is it, how high it will function, how user friendly, rebuild capacity and costs, how difficult is it for a non-traded old man to learn to fly, just to name a few. :)

Could it be flown without visual contract, via an on board camera, or some other way to operate it further away than the human eye can see.

The solar power aspect is very interesting, would you mind giving us some more information about it.

One of my interests would be to use a drone to provide surveillance of freshly treated aspen groves, so we would know if a human needs to dispatched to boo (herd) elk out of freshly grown aspen trees, until such time the new growth is large enough to tolerate renewed elk usage.

Maybe some pictures or a video?

Thanks for your generous offer, I'm sure it will make someone extremely happy.

DC

Hey DC. My dad has the Phantom 2, and it will do all the things you mention (return to home, hover in place when your joysticks are in the neutral position, etc....) It has so many cool features, and is really fun to fly. PM me if interested and I'll get you two in touch. I know you live down south, but I'm sure he'd love to show it to you if you ever get up to the valley.

}}-SLIVER-->

I'm your huckleberry SLIVER.

I live in Glenwood, Utah 6 miles east Richfield, on the way to Fish Lake.

435-979-5521 is my phone number.

I'm in and out of the Salt Lake area often. I've been known to make a special trip, if there isn't some justifiable reason. :)

I'd be very interested in meet your father and learning how all this drone business works.

DC

How Close can you get to Sun Bathers without them hearing the Drone?

I'm thinking about something like this, just to break the ice and get a feel for the whole drone concept. If (when) it crashes and burns I won't be out that much.

Syma X5C 4 Channel 2.4GHz RC Explorers Quad Copter w/ Camera $60

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=1970566782&pf_rd_i=desktop

>I'd recommend the extra set of
>propellers eel!:D

Maybe order two/with extra props:D

Eel

264Mag asked me to post his Drone for him, great idea 164. I will take 3 of them myself.

5249drone.jpg

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

264Mag, I tried that already. The Gopro was too heavy and it never got air born.

HorseCreek, do you have any videos you could share?

Eel

Just got my income tax refund back...I'm getting one with night time Starlight capability camera and GPS included....Local Horn Hunters BEWARE!!!!!

Somehow some way Longun figured a way to Bend Obama over!:D:D:D

Can you send me Details Longun?:D

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom