who care's anybody?...

manny53

Long Time Member
General Electric Moving from Wisconsin to...guess where?

Keep your eye on Waukesha, Wisconsin ......Their biggest employer just moved out.

General Electric is planning to move its 115-year-old X-ray division from Waukesha, Wis, to Beijing.

In addition to moving the headquarters,the company will invest $2 billion in China and train more than 65 engineers and create six research centers.

This is the same GE that made $5.1 billion in the United States last year, but paid no taxes the same company that employs more people overseas than it does in the United States .

So let's get this straight. President Obama appointed GE Chairman Jeff Immelt to head his commission on job creation (job czar). Immelt is supposed to help create jobs. I guess the President forgot to tell him in which country he was supposed to be creating those jobs.

Jeff, you're a "real" American....give Barrack our Best!
If this doesn't show you the total lack of leadership of this President, think about it before you buy a GE product.

For Snopes verification of this information,

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/ge.asp

Pretty hard for GE to compete against others outsourcing without following. The majority of their power distribution equipment already comes from Mexico. Until we start making it a competative enviornment for manufacturing here it will only continue to get worse. Everyone wants top pay, benefits, standards ect., until they pay for it. Then they want cheap. We are in serious trouble.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Pretty hard to compete against places without labor regulations like we have here. Don't know what needs to be done, but this makes me sick! Buy American! I guess that's a good start.

Just thought it was funny they are having all these GE comercials on during the Superbowl. Employees talking about how GE gave them a new job when their old company closed up and went elsewhere. Ironic?

LAST EDITED ON Feb-05-12 AT 07:16PM (MST)[p]No where near out of the woods but i saw a Google News headline this AM. Basically, more Americans are returning to work... Parts of article;

WASHINGTON (AP) ? Month by month, the U.S. job market is regaining its health.

So many jobs are being added that the unemployment rate has dropped for five straight months. At 8.3 percent, it's at a three-year low.

Whether the job market actually feels stronger, though, depends on your perspective.

A government report Friday that employers added a surprising 243,000 jobs in January ignited cheers for the job market, which had been slow to recover in the 2? years since the recession officially ended. Many economists see signs of a self-fulfilling "virtuous cycle," in which more jobs fuel more consumer spending, which sparks further hiring and spending and more jobs..."

Please ask for and buy, "American Made" or "Made in America" when you can!!!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

As much as I hate to admit it!

We are buying very few things Made in the USA!

Very few things built in the USA!

Is this still America or what?

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

I noticed the same thing about GE and was scatching my head. Propaganda? Decoy? Deversion? Dunno. But sounded like a bunch of azz kissing BS to me.

Joey I couldn't agree more about buying american made but you really have to look and expend some extra time to find these products. We are in the midst of an industrial construction job and trying to incorporate as much Made in the USA products and components but I tell ya I think we will be lucky to have 50% of the products made here. Sucks cuz the foreign quality just ain't there.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

This is the same GE that made $5.1 billion in the United States last year, but paid no taxes the same company that employs more people overseas than it does in the United States .

Sounds like they did alright Last year, I guess 5.1 BILLION wasn't enough.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

A good buddy of mine just finished a upstairs garage conversion to a really nice apartment, i did all the plumbing. He asked for a all American made appliance package and was able to get one. It cost him $100. extra but he was doing his part and i thought that admirable...

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Good for him! The first thing my dad always does with everything is check the tag and see where it was made. Can't get everything made in the U.S., but we can try. I gotta be more like my old man and do my part!

Hey Manny, I'm sure NeMont can put a positive spin on this??? LOL!! I HATE OBAMA!!! He certainly is not concerned about America...And yes, it's Obama's fault!!!!

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

How's about this stimulous plan for replacing bridges and the bridges are being built in china, then shipped over here, and finally constructed but the chinesse. Wonder who's bright idea that is?

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up any way."

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom