Whitetail hunt on public land

W

wyobowhunter

I want to do a whitetail hunt this year on public land. Is there a unit in Wyoming that has good opertunities on pulic land. I am not looking for Anyones honey hole. Any advise is appreciated thanks Jake

Good question! Almost all the good whitetail hunting I see is along the waterways/agricultural land that is basically all private property.

I have seen a few whitetails in unit 70 and in Region B but not anything very big.These were on public land.
Some ranch's allow hunting for whitetails when they will not allow muledeer hunting because they dislike the whitetails in muledeer country.
In the eastern side of the state the whitetails are doing O.K. where muledeer populations has fell.

I echo the advice on the Black Hills. Fun hunts. Good populations and easy access. You will have lots of bucks to pick from. Look at both sides of the I-90. Good luck.

Thanks for the help, the black hills look good after a little online research. I may also so talk to some land owners, it can't hurt to ask.

Call the F&G Office in that district and ask them for a list of land owners who allow hunting on their land, they can send you a list and maybe even sent it by email and start calling, the sooner the better. Alot of them don't like the WT so you could get on private land at NO COST.

Good luck this season and yes, the east side is where you need to go for them.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom