White mt. zone , Ca.

D

D13er

First Nelson sheep killed in California's White Mountains hunt zone green scores 168-5/8.

JB

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
--Benjamin Franklin 1759

Butch

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
--Benjamin Franklin 1759

12,600 ft should be some kind of record for a desert sheep. That is way up there.

JB

--Benjamin Franklin 1759

D13er,

No kidding, I feel the same way. I think you know how much Butch has hunted sheep... And he rates this hunt as in the top 5 toughest ones he's ever done.

Paul,

It has to do with the altitude. A guy that lives at seaside has a tough time finding oxygen molecules that high up. The hunter in question has well over 40 sheep to his credit.

I now live at 6K' and find it much easier to hunt at altitude than I did when I was near sea level.

I stand corrected. I live at about 400 above sea level here in the San Joaquin Valley. Man, I was huffin' and puffin' up in Glacier National Park a couple weeks ago at about 9,500 feet!! PC

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom