Which Zone for Bear

m_freeman

I am in the Southland and want to do my first ever bear hunt, any suggestions for a well populated zone within 6-7 hours of LA.

Freeman: I am sending you to "bear heaven". The place where there are so many bears...They are getting in the way of my archery deer hunting. We are now taking our little 8yr old Grandson trying to teach him the ropes and the area has become very dangerous with an over population of bears. I had 5 different bear encounters in 7 days of hunting last year. We're all scent-lok camo'd up so the bears get in close and don't know we are there. A can of bear spray just doesn't cut it when trying to protect a "little one" with a 350+ pound bear at 10 feet away. As you know CA does not allow any sidearms/firearms when archery hunting. The locals are averaging 1 bear break-in per night with bears raiding fridge's at the Bear Valley Condo Complex Area as well as the Cabins at Alpine Lake and the camp grounds are hit almost every night.

Please forward this to anyone that wants a great bear hunt. I do not hunt bear. I only kill what I will eat and I am not interseted in killing something just to kill it. :)

The SPOT:) Zone D-5, Hwy 4 Alpine Lake Area anywhere from Black Springs Rd. below Bear Valley Ski Resort Complex 10 miles up Hwy 4 past Alpine Lake both sides of the highway. Concentrate hunting first in the Tahoe-Yosemite Trail area up to the Mokelumne Wilderness Area. Off Hwy 4 take the Bear Valley Ski Resort left turn, proceed 100yds first right turn USFS Rd. "4X4" only to access the high country and edge of the Wilderness Area.. From the bottom walking (Hwy 4) take the Tahoe-Yosemite Trail behind the second set of cabins.

Kill those bears first for me :)

The bears hang out close to Alpine Lake and raid the campgrounds and cabins every night. If you can't get a bear in this area you just can't get one anywhere. They will almost come to you...they are everywhere.

Anyone need more information PM me but you just need to go scout you will find the bears.

Good Hunting :)

))))......>

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom