which would you rather hunt?

D

dreaminbouthuntin

After doing much research, but still needing personal opinions out of these two units, which would you rather hunt?

91-7 doe/fawn (private & bureau of recl. Land only)
63-2 any antelope (east of buzzard road)

After talking to game and fish and tireless map reading, there are pros and cons to both. One major con to the 63-2 tag, for me, is its another 2 hours of driving. Would it be worth the extra drive? I have never hunted either unit and dont know anyone personally whom has.
I would like to get a buck antelope, but unsure of opportunity and land issues in 63-2.
Any guidance would help as i have exhausted my map and g&f inquiries.

Yeah, 63 is not one of the premium zones but it still is a pretty good hunt. It's definitely worth the 2 hour drive IMO as i would drive 20 hrs to hunt there again if i were of a mind to go out of State this year.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Absolutely 63-2 with all the public land there is, especially if we aren't talking about a trophy hunt.

Thanks for all the imput. Sounds like we will go for 63. Definitely not looking for trophies. Looking forward to exploring new country.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom