Which tripod?

hangfire

Looking at getting a new tripod, and wondering what everyone uses? I like the manfotto bogen but wondering if there is anything else that is better for the money? Thanks for any comments.

I bought a bogen 3001 back in the early 90s. I used it for 8 years and lost it. I liked it so much I went and bought another one. Two weeks ago I found the first tripod on top of a hill where I lost it over 10 years ago. It is still in great shape. Everything still works fine. The only thing wrong is the cork is gone and the sun faded the side that was up.

Antlerradar

I have also been looking for a new tripod. The one that i like and am about to buy is the Vortex CBX-128 tripod kit. It has carbon fiber legs a fluid head. Do any of you use this one ? For the price I think it looks pretty good.It also goes up high enough. I am going to have to pull the trigger pretty soon. My old tripod is ok for packing,but not real steady for taking pictures threw my scope.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-11-11 AT 10:26AM (MST)[p]You can't go wrong with the vortex the truth is you should save the money and go with the dakota then if you don't like the ball head the fluid head is only 99$ at your local vortex dealer and even at that if your still wanting the vortex but still not sure give them a call talk to a rep and ask all youre quistions good or bad they seem to be very truefull about their products

Anyone have a good site for bogen/monto parts? My 3001 is late 1990?s going to need some.
A lot of guys I know are going to the (Slicks) I like the tripod just not a fan of the twist leg controls
I prefer the cam locks. Threaten to go lighter but still pack the 3001 for sheep/goat.

I've got a Manfrotto (190XB) tri-pod with a Brunton pistol grip and I'm impressed with them both. A little heavy for long hiking trips but its very sturdy especially when its breezy.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom