which trail cam?

S

stinkystomper

I have been purchasing trail cams for many years. I have yet to find a single reliable trail cam. I have had stealth cam, moultrie, cudde back, bushnell, primos, and several others. The only ones I haven't tried are those $500 ones. They supposedly don't break but that seems cheap.

I recently got on cabelas site and read all the reviews. Seems like you still have a 50% chance of your camer breaking after its purchased. Some don't work, some miss most of the shots, and most always about 75% just stop working after a year. Last year I put out 10 different cameras and the odds held true again. Half had problems and since then the rest have crapped out to. The 10 I put out last year were all brand new and spread across 5 different brands. As of now it seems to me as if trail cameras are less than reliable and the need to replace them is going to be frequent.

I was wondering if you guys have any good cameras. I'm not interested in the guys that have 1 or 2 and they work. What I'm interested in are the guys that have at least 5 or 6 and have had nothing but good luck. I need to get some more cameras this year and I don't have a clue what I should buy.

I only use trail cams that I have found in the forests. Seems to be plenty of them out there. I guess it is easy for people to forget them. Most of them seemed to still be working at the time. I have about 400 of them. Quite the collection.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

I suggest a Spypoint 4.0, I bought 2 from Gander Mountian last year and really liked them. I bought a couple more this year. Check them out.

Go Big, or Go Home

I love stealth cam i have 4 of them not one problem with them thousands of pictures and still work great.

Tony, my theory is to buy the cheap moultrie D50s or D40s. They take good pics. I am convinced the flash does not scare animals away, in fact the infrared one freaked them out and bears always wanted to eat it. Finally had to buy a bear box for it.

The D50s last at least a couple years and if they get stolen you are only out less than $100.

Got my first one stolen last year. Really pissed me off. I have had chips stolen, or removed then replaced. No big deal.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom