Which spotter?

W

wyobowhunter1

I am looking to purchase my first spotter. I currently own swarovski binos and I cant stand looking through cheap glass. Was looking at the new vortex razor spotter and the swaro ats 65mm. I am a little concerned about the weight of the vortex, but have heard its worth it to have a big objective lens and it is obviously cheaper than the swaro 80mm. Anyone had experience with these? Any input is appreciated!

the RAZOR HD looks to be made by Kowa which was rated a better spotter over everyone even Swarovski...for $1500. buy and try!!

Rackmaster

All I can say is I love my Swaro STS 65 mm. I've never owned another brand But I can truly say the optics on mine are superb-I credit my spotter for getting me my Yukon ram. He and his buddies were over 2 miles away when we first saw them and my guide couln't tell much about them with his Leupold scope.He could judge them to within a couple inches with mine.

You like the straight better than the angled, and have you ever wished you had a bigger objective?

The straight vs. angled deal is a heated debate that's really all about personal preference- I got the straight because it is easier to acquire your target plus more concealed because you can keep your head low on the crest of a ridge.

The 65 MM objective is fine for me since I don't do alot of low-light spotting and the weight is a pretty big issue since I pack mine alot.. But, again, I've never owned an 80 MM so I can't really comment on the difference-if it is that much better than mine it is really great 'cause mine is super.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom