Which Spotter

W

wyobowhunter1

Hey was wondering if you guys recommend the vortex spotters. Looked through one yesterday and seemed like pretty good optics. I would like to find one that doesnt cost an arm and a leg but provides quality. Any recommendations would be great thanks!!!

LAST EDITED ON Oct-26-08 AT 06:08PM (MST)[p]Search using the keywords Vortex, Skyline, or Nomad. You'll find tons of reading on the subject.

I bought a Vortex Sandpiper, got a really good deal on it. To be honest, it does work OK, but I wish I had stepped up to maybe something in the ED glass or something else. I'll probably buy another spotter next year. For $200 I'm not complaining, but it looks like to me in spotters you get what you pay for, way more so than with binoculars.

I have a Skyline, that I bought just before they came out with the ED glass. It has been a great scope for the past year and a half. I scratched the eyepiece badly while hunting a few weeks ago. I emailed Vortex and explained that it was completely my fault and asked them for the cost of a replacement. They said it was not a problem, it was covered by their VIP warranty. WOW! They told me to send it in and they would have a new one to me within 2-4 days.

I have the 20X60-60 Nomad, I just got back from Colorado and it worked great. Not to big to pack, good glass for the money. I also have the high country tripod, which works great. Talk with Cowslayer here on MM, he'll hook you up.

nrueh

I have had my Skyline ED for a month now and I really like it. It's a bit heavy but I don't take it backpacking. It's a big improvement over my old Nikon and Bushnell. I can't say its as good or better than the high dollar ones because I've never used one.

I also have the Skyline 80 and it's very good. It's a bit heavy, but the Skyline is so much better than my 'pack scope' that I've ended up hauling it around on my back all season. It turns out that the extra glass came in handy.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom